xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

AVG Anti-Virus.....

no problem with it and have been using it for over a year on several systems as well as

recommend it to all my friends and family.

http://www.avg.com/de-de/free-antivirus-download get it now, great protection.

Norton? hahaahah dont make me laugh, norton is a piece of crap and a waste of

money/system memory.

AVG Free Edition is the best free AV program i have ever used.

Also Sygate for a firewall and i can say that my computer is pretty secure.

i use Trend Micro Office Scan because my college provides it to me for free and i thank. sometimes my pc gets slow because of it due to the real time scan fuction. it's always scaning and when scaning big files it takes a lot of memory... apart from that is excellent, always updated and alert, Trend Micro works really good on fighting new virus and trojans. anyway, if i had to buy an antivirus, i wouldn't. AVG works good for free and combined with programs like Lavasoft ad-Aware (free) and Geek Super Hero($25 - 20) you're 99% safe :D
if you don't know Geek Super Hero (from the authors of Getright) and what it can do for you, take a time to visit the site...

free antivirus with good protection? nope i don't think you will get it.i suggest you buy Norton Antivirus, they provide you with live update, and the newest update on virus list and protection... yeah you have to buy it....

I use Norton Anti Virus, it's really good and you do get what you pay for, it does have a "Live Update" and its a good firewall(as you get Norton Internet Security with it!)

If you want a good and free antivirus, that updates itself aswell, then I would suggest AVG, you can find by clicking HERE

Hope that helps! :D

free antivirus with good protection? nope i don't think you will get it.

i suggest you buy Norton Antivirus, they provide you with live update, and the newest update on virus list and protection... yeah you have to buy it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The years i have had windows, i have only had one worm, but thats ebcause i didnt patch xp, i had the blaster worm, and my system never got any of the variations of Sasser, AVG protects me well ^^

If you need a computer for work, design and or developing software, use Linux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what exactly do you "design" on linux? can you tell me one vector based application for linux, that works with industry standards?

^Sure there are some great antiviruses that are totally free, you only have to pay if you want to upgrade to a pro version. I use "avast!" and it served me pretty well, and it takes much less resources than norton.

I have been with Norton since Norton Personal Firewall 2003. I am using Norton Internet Security 2005 now. It is resouce-hungry but this doesn't matter much with my computer. One thing I don't like is that it disables the Windows Firewall by default. Otherwise, it is quite stable and trustworthy.

Zone alarm is one the best but one of the worst too, because of the cpu usage, when you leave your computer on for long periods of times Zone alarm would make your computer almost impossible to use, because of all the cpu that it uses, but well if you are looking for an "easy to use firwall" zone alarm is the best (unless you leave the computer running overnight and if you use programs like emule or kazza and all that kind of programs thats going to make your computer so so so slow)I prefer using Norton, it is more complicated to use, but it is the more secure firewall out there.