xisto Community
nol

Thinking About Getting A Laptop.. [resolved]

this is what i'll be getting for myself when it becomes commercially available -- hopefully, come AUGUST 2007. :)

Posted Image

Enter the 'E' Era with ASUS Eee PC: The Eee PC units were revealed to come in at an extremely competitive price of around USD $199 for the 7" units, and about USD $299 for the 10" version. :) anticipation is at a high because of the cost. and what about the features? there are two discussions on DIGG, which you can refer to ( [DIGG1] [DIGG2] ) + from the ASUS Website itself.

wanna wait until then, nol? :)

Never underestimate the power of craigslist. If you know what you're doing, you'll be able to save yourself at least $1000 on gaming machines. As for barebones laptops, you will easily find one for $200-400 that will easily fit your needs.

If you are looking for a cheap, affordable and pretty good notebook, Dell is the way to go. They have many selections of labtops that you might find useful. Also customization can make your labtop be a crazy beast. One downside is that Dell has heavy labtops, so if you are looking to carry it around everywhere, Dell wont work. Light labtops with good stats will be in the Sony section. They will be practically the same as Dell yet more expensive and MUCH lighter. Its all up to you.

he already got one, so no need for this (well he told me he got one :S ) its dounds pretty good, he said 4 gigs, 17" screen, and some other junk :Dso no need for this!@ and windows vista lol..

I basically use the IBM Thinkpad series and the recent addition the laptops is the T60 series that'll come in that much amount. They have a decent graphic card and decent space with a gig of ram so i think it'll do with most of the requirements that you posted. check out their specs and see if you like it. I would definately recommend IBM thinkpad series to anyone thinking of buying a laptop. they are very good IMO.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.