xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

anyone playing electic? i mean guitar

i am a new guitarist, and dont know where or what to learn, i love metallica, pink floyd, iron maiden, joe satriani, and all the greate guitarists of the world, can anyone help me with my begining, or if he likes rock and heave metal, then does he listen to bands i never heard of, i am actually new to this buisiness, and i need help !!!

like i said, i dream about playing like joe satriani and yingui and other, u heard of them havent u, and by the way, i hate linkin park and its likes...

I haven't played guitar too much... :P Well, the best way to start out is to get a certain book (doesn't matter what) that teaches you and stick with it. Once you've done a couple of those, then you can search for guitar tabs from some of your favorites bands from the 'net and practice those.You can eventually start writing your own music (Like me!) once you get good enough. ;)

If you don't have any other musical training, I'd suggest getting yourself a good teacher because understanding the basics of music is very important. I've got 8 years of piano behind me and its been invaluable when it comes to playing. Lal hit it dead on with the suggestion to look for tab on the net, its the best free way to learn to play like the pros.woot, im not alone in my linkin park hating ;)

i also wrote some songs for myself, and play most of the songs that i like, but i still yet dont play like joe satriani, i dont really know which kind of training or finger exercise should i practice ..

I don't think there is a simple technique that if performed a gazillion times makes you play like the pros. It comes from talent and experience, so the more you play and the more you play with other people will improve both your skills and let you learn something from other guitarists.

Don't try to run before you can walk man. Fundamentally it's all the same stuff, your probably not going to be able to dive in and play Metallica to any level of proficiency for at least a few months, maybe even years. Get a book, stick with it and maybe invest in some guitar lessons. I don't mean to dampen your enthusiam or anything man, but you gotta respect these difficult songs else there would be no skill in playing them. For me it made it all the more sweeter when I could play along to Fade to Black. Took me a few years to get there mind.

Try getting a book on basic chords or use this website:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also try practising along with a drum machine, or metronome to
develop your timing.
You could try using some of these drum loops.
http://free-loops.com/

Also try to develop you ear.Begin by tuning your guitar by ear,
rather then using an electric tuner.Slowly try to learn
basic songs by listening.

It takes a lot of time.

yes!!i have been playing electric for a while nowi actually have this book that teaches you really wellit even tells you the angle strings and how they should be placed to achieve good pitches and when it is in distortion how to make it sound good instead of noise and rubbishelectric guitars are awesome!!!!!!personally i have found it really hard to pinch and i really want to know a really easy way how to do it make and make it sound goodhelp...