xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Download Hd Movie In 1 Second

I don't see that public for at least another 10 years at least... That was done for supercomputers.BTW, I remember that some sciencetists managed to tansfer data at a rate of 1TB/s , or was that something else?

Amazing article. I always wanted to get better and better internet and this can be great way to make money for that organization and speed up our internet's.I think i will be for a while when this will be a normal internet speed..But 160gb/s is not acceptable for HDD ..they can only 20mb/s (most of them) That fast internet and downloading wouldn't be simple.They must just create better HDDs

Amazing, I guess everything is going to end up in the internet and computers will end up being terminals.. That would make computers really inexpensive, and I guess you could rent the processor speed, disk space... etc everything you need. What would also rule would be that you could rent High definition movies with a click, and without leaving your house.

Wow 160gb/s transfer rate, huh.So NOW I feel lousy sitting on my "tiny" 4mb Cable Connection :XD:But atleast times are changing, and stuff gets BETTER AND BETTER and CHEAPER AND CHEAPER. I guess all that's in it for me - Is to wait.But I'd be happy with 100MB up and 100MB down :) Not a problem!

Agreeing with alex a few posts up, people are prone to being used to new technologies that when sometimes they are to revert back, it becomes really painfull for them. This technology that IBM has invented really is a remarkable innovation but there are times when i think that whats the need of a techonology this fast when the times difference is not that big. My uncle uses this internet speed where he download a GB in minutes.Technology has become this much fast that the people are living a fast life. want their work done fast and now have no time for others and little pleasures in life..Damn im getting out of topic here eh.By the way.. i heard that IBM was about to produce a processor that was 500 GHz.. i remember reading something about it a while back.. anyone have any idea what happened to that?

That is amazing. I can't wait until anything even remotely close to that becomes the standard. For todays technology, I think that the standard internet speed is pathetic. And yes, Alex you are right. The human race is extremely impatient but that does not mean we should not strive for improvements.
I stumbled upon this article where a 75-year-old woman has the fastest home internet speed at 40gbps. Even half that would be awesome if it was the standard.

The way technology is growing, I bet I will get my wish pretty soon.

wow that sounds awesome! that means we can get a lot faster internet in near future! i cant wait for the day i will be downloading dvd movies within a minute!

That is very impressive. Now I only wish that something half that speed would make it through my cables and into my computer. Okay, half sounds like an insanely fast amount too, I'd settle for a mere fraction of the speed, so long as it was somewhat faster than what I have in place now :)Mind you, if I had speed like that, I'd need a seriously faster dvd-burner, or an incredibly huge hard drive, because I know that I'd fill it up way too fast, cause the temptation to have everything almost instantaneously would be too much for me to resist.As for what Alex said about the phone and the internet becoming two separate things in the future, I would love that day to become today, because as it is right now at my house, my internet is very unstable, constantly going up and down, and the phone line sounds like static most of the time (though I've noticed that when the phone is clear, the internet seems to work alright. It's weird, but whatever. I haven't been able to convince my dad to get the phone line checked either... and he used to be a bell phone repairman, so I would have thought something like this would have been right up his alley. Anyway, whatever...)So yea, I really really really would be happy to have a line that would go at 160gb/sec, but I would definitely settle for the line that the 75-year old woman has that allows for 40 gigs a second. That would also be fabulous. Do you happen to know what kind of line she has for that speed, or why is it so fast? I'm really curious now, because I didn't know that anyone's internet could be that fast lol. Either way, I read the article, and it's pretty interesting to read, plus she's so lucky that she has some people in the business that can do that sort of thing for her.

160G/s is really impressive but the problem with download speed is that when the latest technology gets to the comsumer in 5 or 10yrs time, the speed will not be as impressive as before due to increased use of bandwidth and content to download. Maybe 5 years down the road, people will be watching HD stream tv and so 160G/s will be norm and is not the fastest anymore. However if these kind of technology can reach the massess faster and at a affordable rate then all of us can celebrate!

oh, I remember reading about this awhile back. It's some highly condensed chip that does several functions at once to speed up the whole process. It's very amazing, the only problem I see in it is that the wires needed are extremely expensive and could never be used to connect the whole internet, but only mainframes in a building such as large data backup.