xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Is My Height Normal For My Age? 56 12 yr old Is This Normal?

Hi, i just graduated from the seventh grade, and at my last physical, i was 5'6 tall. Is this normal? My dad is abot 6' and my mom is somewher around 5'8. im almost the youngest person, but almost the tallest in my class. i hate being taller than all the guys because it is almost impossible to get a date. (but luckily i have one. I'm so lucky!!!)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific; one-line summary of your post. Modified.

Well Mermaid711. You are very tall for your age, and being tall doesn't mean that it is a bad thing. Watch out, for when you get to high school, all the girls will be jumping for a tall, handsome man! You are just a couple of years away from being wanted. Being tall means that you have an advantage at sports such as basketball, etc. Don't be sad and take advantage of this greatness. 5'6 is just where you want to be!

I think that your height is pretty average, however, I believe you are lucky. When I was your age I was only about 5 foot tall. I would have like to be taller, but now I'm happy at 5 feet 9 inches. However, if I could choose my height, I would choose to be a bit taller, that way I could actually have the opportunity to play basketball.

In America, I'd say it's a pretty average height for one in 7th grade around the part of the country where I'm from. Since males grow at a slower rate than females(heightwise) this isn't really anything I'd say is a worrysome thing.

Friend, Height and Age do not go hand in hand , and would suggest you not to compare your height with your age on the other hand Check it with your weight , your height and weight should be proportional.

Some guy I know was also the biggest in elementry school, but later we caught up to him and we were about the same height. Some people get their 'growth?' earlier than others, and in a rare case they just tend to be tall (like around 2,00m dunno in feet)

Hehe, I wish I was that tall. I'm almost 17 and I'm only 4'5, my 11 year old sis is slightly taller than me.... :XD: Well don't worry about your height. Everyone grows at different rates, your fine. :)

height is no problemim 6'0 and theres still 2-1 kids taller than me at my school (8th just barely)and the girls dont seem to mind tallness me and my best friend get ask'd out all the time thou we are rank'd the top wrestlers in the stateand keep in shape most girls go for personality as long as you dont go for someone extremly popular and you have acne or such you should be fine most women like tall anyways (not that im one :XD: ) but yea some people are just taller than others cant do nothing aboutit just let it go and live your life to the fullest

No your height is normal. Some people grow earlier than others. My ex girlfriend was 5'3 in sixth grade and hasnt grown since. You just might have grown to your max and everyone will catch up eventually. Otherwise, dont worry the guys will catch up soon.

5'6" is pretty tall for that grade. It really depends what your body-mass index is to determine what the general height being average should be. Elsewise a person could be stout or stick-like.

At Habbo: I AM A GIRL see? MerMAIDanyways, I'm ot exactly proportioned like everybodyelse in my grade. the other day, a senior at another highschool that my mom teaches at thought I was his age... funny yes, but anyways... well I'm 13 now and I'm nearing 5'7" if i am already there :XD: so if guys like taller girls than i guess im ok :)

Hi, i just graduated from the seventh grade, and at my last physical, i was 5'6 tall. Is this normal? My dad is abot 6' and my mom is somewher around 5'8. im almost the youngest person, but almost the tallest in my class. i hate being taller than all the guys because it is almost impossible to get a date. (but luckily i have one. I'm so lucky!!!)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific; one-line summary of your post. Modified.

I'm in 8th grade now and I am only 5' 2'' but I am going to be taller then 6' 5''

5"6 isn't even that tall for a 12 year old. Chill your beans kid. My buddy was 5"8 when he was 12. He was fine with it. Being tall is a gift not a curse. And if you can't get a girl because your tall. Then find some girl that isn't a stuck up b*tch. Yes they may very well be mythological beings to most men but I'm sure they do exist. I will find one one day.

5"6 isn't even that tall for a 12 year old. Chill your beans kid. My buddy was 5"8 when he was 12. He was fine with it. Being tall is a gift not a curse. And if you can't get a girl because your tall. Then find some girl that isn't a stuck up b*tch. Yes they may very well be mythological beings to most men but I'm sure they do exist. I will find one one day.

OH MY FREAKING GOSH FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE, I AM A GIRL. Get it right.

And don't call me buddy. Call me princess :) Or on second thought, don't call me anything.

And not all girls are stuck up *BLEEP*es, I wouldn't say that in a community forum that is used by BOTH men AND women.

Some girls would be offended by that. I'm not because quite frankly, I know that I am a stuck up *BLEEP*, and I am PROUD of it.

ANYWAYS, back on topic. . . I am about 5'7 now and when I came back to school last fall, the guys were NEAR, not up to, but NEAR my height, and they are less intimidated by my height.

So why am I worried about my height compared to the guys when I am a female? Because guys in america, well, maybe not in all of america, but the guys in my school these days were raised on the wrong values. They feel that they must be superior to the woman in every way- it's gotten so asinine now that they can't handle tall women.

Thats not that bad for someone just finishing 7th grade. That was about my height then. I grew the most between 8th and 9th grade when i went from like 5 and half to 6 ft in a summer. Just wait til you do the same and have to get all new clothes because nothing fits.

AHA!This thread is so funny. 1) You're too young to be caring about your physical appearence2) You're too young to be on this website3) You're too young to be dating.This isn't an attack on you, but stop caring and just enjoy not being a teenager yet haha.