xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zak92

Admin Please Fix Fantastico Its been off for a month

Admin i request to you to please fix the fantastico problem as i cannot access it and i need a script from there which is out of date and i have to install that script. Thanks.

Fantastico! is the 3rd party vendor that is included with cPanel package. It is not up to Xisto or Xisto - Web Hosting to update Fantastico!--or Xisto - Web Hosting can update them at will.That's why Fantastico! offers direct link to script's website. Please visit the appropriate website and follow the updating script procedure. And since Fantastico! is off-line due to cPanel issue, you can visit the script you want to install and follow the upgrade steps.To state in simpler terms, Microsoft Windows is not responsible for including the most recent release of Adobe Reader. It's something it needs to be updated by the user at the user's convenience.

Which script ar you looking for? Do they have a site which allows you to download the software? Using that site you will be sure to get the newest, safest copy, and that is highly recommended for Security of your site. That is also what others have suggested...

Its OS ticket system and they discontinued the old version and did not release the new version. I really need this one software. Also fantastico has many more scripts which i might use so please guys if you can get it up it would be great.

For the time being but like there are many softwares and easy method of installation. Thanks for the link but you see i really want a particular system. OS ticket system. Plus fantastico is supposed to be with the thing.

For the time being but like there are many softwares and easy method of installation. Thanks for the link but you see i really want a particular system. OS ticket system. Plus fantastico is supposed to be with the thing.

i wouldnt use fantastico just cause its easy.. most of the OSS on there are outdated and all need the new patchs and versiosn to be updated..

It would be easier for you to download directly from the source and install it your self.. and if you need help doing that feel free to ask..there are many willing to help guide you thru it.. and none of these are very difficult to install even if you have little or no knowledge on how to do install them..

zak92, while waiting for the "latest" release of OSticket (whenever that may be... it has been counting a year or two since a "new" version is available, i believe), you may want to look at eTicket.

http://www.eticketsupport.com/

apparently, some osticket users who have been waiting (im)patiently for the "official" release of the osticket script instead formed a team to develop further the discontinued application. just that it now bears the name eTicket. it is osticket, PLUS fixes, mods, and easy upgrade option from where the previous old product stopped. same license agreement, and is likewise an open source project. :) if osticket is the thing you really want, then just take a look at eticket as the latter just branched from the former. i figure you'll get the same features you need, with minor changes and most importantly, fixes. otherwise, you may just have to wait for the "real" osticket to "wake up" from it's deep slumber. :(

but then again, if you **still** want osticket, with all its unpatched flaws identified with the last released version (1.3.1), you can download it as attached here. just understand the risks you're taking with that version. :)

as for fantastico, just cross your fingers that this will soon be sorted out. :(

zak92,As per above listed postings, note that fantastico scripts are all available on the net as free open-source scripts.And downloading the current script on your own provides you with the most recent versions, meaning they will be more secure and up-to-date.Which script are you looking for?

Nothing right now but if i have fantastico its much easier for me to just log on and install to check how good a script is. Its much harder with opening my CuteFTP and uploading it and CHMODing it and other. Basically just wanted admin to fix it quickly as you see i myself don't know when i might get an idea of adding something new to site so yeah i need this. Anyway thanks you've been very helpful i don't know how to thank you. Thanks.