xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Converting From Phpbb2 To Phpbb3

Hello,

I have a forum at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Phpbb group just came out with version 3, so I am trying to convert from verson 2 to version 3. However, I came to one box and it says: "Board Path: This is the relative path on disk to your former board from the root of your phpbb installation"

I have tried /phpbb and /home/husker/public_html/phpbb

does anyone know what my phpbb script path would be?

No,.. I don't think that you can upgrade from phpBB2 to phpBB3.. at least on this moment regarding to there note here

phpBB 3.0 Beta 1 will not yet have the ability to upgrade from phpBB 2.0.x or to convert from a different software package. This will be included in the later Beta or RC stages.

you can check the installation guide here
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/

Aha, the key word here is relative. It assumes you are installing into a new folder. For example, your phpBB2 forum in a folder called phpBB2 and your new v3 forum in a folder called phpBB3. In this case, the path you need (I'm guessing here...) would be ../phpBB2

Try giving it a relative path like that and see if it likes it.

Samifx: I believe te note you posted was for phpbb3 beta 1, and the current version is phpbb3 rc 1.err. I tried what you said, but I have phpbb2 in the file /phpbb and it oent find either. does it matter if I installed phpbb2 using fantastico?I can PM someone the password if they want to take a look

Make sure everything is CHMOD'd correctly. It may be saying it can't find it if it simply doesn't have access to the folder. If you PM me the info I will happily take a look and see if I can get it working.

There is a conversion script included with phpbb3 rc1 to convert from phpbb2. I haven't used it, but it likely works, because the new version has been in beta for a long time, and they undoubtably tested it quite well.

Hello to All, :( Just found your forum.I tried to update from BB2 to BB3 over the last few days without success. Then today I did finaly do it after much trouble and retrying :D . The out come was that I was unable to logon after converting. :( Then the unmentionable thing Happened....Kept geting database errors and now, I am waiting for my server to replace the sites backup for me as I have no access what-so-ever!! :(