xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Misanthrope

Horde Email Logged off of Program

I am not able to access email via Horde, as on those rare occasions I can actually log in, the program logs me out immediately. Please advise.

Um... What the heck is a Horde?

Horde is the email that is used in our Cpanel. Personally, I don't have a problem with the emal, but I don't know.Some problems you need to make sure of is1. Are you typing in the correct password, or username2. Did you even set up an email addressYou automatically get an email address when getting hosted as it is your username@gammer.xisto or something like that and then there's username@yourdomain.com. So try to use one of those.Another possibility is to make a whole new account, and then try to get into your email that way.

Some problems you need to make sure of is
1. Are you typing in the correct password, or username
2. Did you even set up an email address

Yes to both. I set up multiple accounts and can access all of them via Squirrel Mail. Sometimes I can even get into Horde, but it always logs me out whenever I try to open mail or do anything. Any ideas?

It has been doing the same to me for ages. I thought to start with it might be the fact I was using Opera to browse the web, but it does the same no matter which browser I use. When this was finally fixed by Xisto - Support, I then lost all access to my email accounts. It seems that as they fix each problem, something else breaks, but only for a short time. At the moment I am lucky in that it seems to be working.Personally I would advise emailing Xisto - Support to see if they can help you.

I have never had any problems with it. Have you tried squirrelmail instead? its almost the same thing as horde.

Personally I would advise emailing Xisto - Support to see if they can help you.

Thanks all. Well, at least I know I'm not the only one affected. Guess I'll try emailing Xisto - Support since admin hasn't responded.

Have you tried squirrelmail instead? its almost the same thing as horde.

Yes, I've tried Squirrelmail and I'm not crazy about it. Thought I'd give a Horde a go, but it's not cooperating. Edited by Misanthrope (see edit history)

switching from horde to outlookHorde Email

How do I change from horde e-mail account, to outlook?  It works fine for work, but I have problems getting it at home.

-reply by Robert

Old thread, but here's something that really has been bothering me. Anytime somebody sends me an email, I am never able to view it through Horde. Through any other Cpanel email system, it works perfectly. Not sure why it is though...

I would recommend getting away from the cpanel based email clients like squirrel mail and horde and switch to google apps. All it takes is a quick change of your MX records and you have full gmail-like management of your email accounts, which is way easier to gain access. Another advantage of this is that when google stores your email you know it is pretty much never going to be deleted or lost on accident.

horde mail not opening can anyone please help i am not very technical but will try anything as my business depends on open-ening this mail please help