xisto Community
velma

Would You Do Botox Or Any Kind Of Plastic Surgery? Would you pay the price to look young?

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey,Just wanted to know if any body would ever go for any kind of Plastic surgery like Botox or nips and tucks or lifts or any other thing. I had seen this episode of Oprah where a woman got 25 surgeries I think because she felt that she was not "perfect". Another woman said that she had so many surgeries taht now her husband was threathening to leave her if she did not stop as the family was broke.I do not mind if the person needs surgery for a genuine reason like corrective surgery for people after accidents or something. Anyway Please tell me what you think.

I'm all for reconstructive plastic surgery. If you (generalization) are disfigured for whatever reason (birth defect, dog attack, car wreck, whatever), then by all means take advantage of modern medicine's offerings.But the whole "I'm having myself nipped, sucked and tucked because I'm not perfect" thing...I don't understand or support it at all. There's something wrong with a society that encourages - or, in some circles, *expects* - families to give their daughters plastic surgery for their Sweet Sixteens.

Its really a foolish thing to keep getting nip and tuck done just to look a bit younger and all. One day or another age is gonna catch up with you. It is better to be prepared for it than deny it. Anyways it is upto the person in question. But I think someone must be really dumb to actually undergo plastic surgeries 25 times to become 'perfect'.

I'm all for making yourself look better but I don't think trying to reach "perfection" is a good thing. I want to be able to say "yeah I had my nose changed it was bothering all this time" and not that "oh yeah i had this done, and this, and this, oh and that." lol. Personally I don't think you should change yourself too much. Even the most facially, bodily, whatever impaired people shouldn't try to fix themselves to something they're not. Maybe minor modifications but not to where your not the same person anymore.

Hey,It i like I said , mior surgeries here and there is ok as it i syour body in the end but people who are fanatical about their bodies are stupid. I mean how long do you expect to be young. I mean what if your body would start rejecting the surgeries more and more as it is subjected to more surgery and finally It might cause complications to the body itself. There was this movie with Goldie hawn and Meryl Streep along with Bruce Willis, It is about the women taking some kind of a potion to stay young forever and would never die but they would have to take care of their bodies. At one point their skins starts peeling and they spray paint each other. I liked that movie, Quite funny lol.Some people do surgery thinking they look better but it actually amkes them look more plastic and ugly but some stick to one surgery and have a really body part later on :)

No, but only if very very necessary such as when i come out of a fire accident, or get bitten by a lion or something, that disfigures my face, but all the minor things, i won't do it. It makes you look unnatural, makes your face look like its been made out of plastic

No, but only if very very necessary such as when i come out of a fire accident, or get bitten by a lion or something, that disfigures my face, but all the minor things, i won't do it. It makes you look unnatural, makes your face look like its been made out of plastic

True. I'd say it is wrong because you were ment to look the way you are.
just like if you are really overweight and you get some kind of surgry to look more skinny it is wrong because if you would just have selfe control in your eating you wouldent look the way you do.

I will not pay to look young or get any kind of plastic surgery cause you are wasting a lot of money just to look young for a small amount of time is not worth it, usually treatments run $300-$1,200 just to get a botex shot and it is not forever and with that money you could have go bought some food or even put a down payment on a car. People who are not rich should not waste there hard earn money on getting plastic surgey also they stuff in botox can kill you.

Well, I will not do it unless the whole world just turns its back against me for one tiny reason. Anyway, I believe in being satisfied with whatever I have.

i'm against plastic surgery/botox/any unnatural methods used to change your physical appearance unless neccesary, for instance, reconstructive surgery as you guys mentioned. plastic surgery and botox may 'improve' your appearance, but it is superficial and might have side effects...and, well, putting that aside, what was wrong with the way you looked to begin with? absolutely nothing was wrong, you just have to learn to be comfortable with your own body and appearance.

I'm only pro-surgery for serious medical purposes. So I'm totally against changing your face or body just to look nicer or younger. Why do you want to look like you have 10 years less when you are going to die at the same age. It's no use to skip to a previous generation. And I must say that these surgery is easily recognizable. You may know who have done it if you look carefully... in some cases are more evident.I also think it's like a drug. First you only want to get rid of something that makes you feel ugly. But then, you like the results and you feel the urge to "improve" yourself to be the perfect man or woman. And imagine if we all did plastic surgery, having the same icons, actors, actresses, top-models, etc, we would all look the same. It would be boring, alienating and terrible.

Hi,I totally agree with you Sprknwn as it does become an obsession after sometime to keep changing and then you end up looking really Plastic. Is this like a sign that we are getting a bit too superficial as technology goes on reaching a higher level? In many ways I think it is that we are going superficial in some ways in need of proving ourselves.

Yeah, you know, everyone's saying they're against any kind of surgery except if it's to fix like a disfigurement or something, and I wonder how many of us will think that when we're fifty and wanting to be twenty again, but at least for now I would never agree with anything like botox or plastic surgery unless it's absolutely necessary to correct some sort of major disfigurement. You can do plenty of stuff to make yourself look better without having to pay for expensive treatments or surgery.

I am against all plastic surgery just because you don't think that you look good. I am also againsta whole lot of makeup. You also have to think that you would have a chance of getting infectedduring recovery. Increasing your chances of getting sick shouldn't be worth it to look a little youngerfor a short time.People don't remember other people for looks as much as they remember them for their actions.If you are nice, kind, and ugly, people will still love you. If you are mean, selfish, and pretty, nobody will like you.If you eat right, exercise, and don't drink too much alcohol, you should age pretty gracefully. Even if youdon't, most nice people only care if you're nice too.

I suppose I'm just against the whole 'external appearances' attitude. Well, I suppose one should be clean, well-groomed etc. up to a point, but I think there are limits to how far one should go to look good externally. I think it's your mind, your thoughts, your attitude and your personality that should count - both with you and with others.Plastic surgery for people seriously burned, disfigured, etc. I can understand. But cosmetic surgery, I'm wary of that. I have friends who don't necessarily look 'optimal' but that doesn't affect my attitude to them - they're wonderful people to be around, and I like them, and that's what matters, not what they look like.As for age, everyone ages, it's nothing to fear, and there's nothing bad about it. I once read an interesting article that said that as you age, your character is written on your face, the lines tell the story of your life, of your good times and bad, of happiness and sorrow, of love and sunshine and joy and pain.And I think that that character makes old people beautiful. How sad to wipe the slate clean just to look young again.Besides, no matter what you look like outside, I think that how young you are is really decided in your mind and heart, in your attitude to life. There are those who are young at heart at eighty, and there are those who are old and conservative at twenty-five.Can age be a state of mind after all?? :)