xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Spidey Or Jack? Who will be the king of the box office this year?

This summer may be the biggest box office move summer in recent memory, and the odds-on favorites to take the box office crown this year are Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Spidey just broke records internationally and has a new opening-day box office record. And he will same smooth sailing for the next two weeks before Shrek the Third. Jack Sparrow and his pirates plummeted Neo and suckerpunched Superman in their first two adventures, but now they may have met their match with the heavy competition in the form of Spidey, Shrek, Ocean's Thirteen and others. It will be a hard road of the pirates to three-peat their box office success.So here's the $1,000,000 question: who will be the box office champ of summer 2007? Spider-Man 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End?If you ask me, I don't think Jack has a chance!Your comments.

just the two to choose from? :D perhaps you're forgetting Harry (coming back to the big screen this july)! highly anticipated as well for this year. :unsure: zap jack and spidey, harry! :(

I'm going with Spiderman also. There are some people that just don't like Pirates of the Caribbean. I love both of the movies personally. It seems that Spiderman has grab more movie goers because it was a famous comic. It's mainly fighting too, which people tend to like. I heard it didn't get good reviews, but I think it will still will grab the most money.Harry Potter will beat both of them as serverph said!

Worldwide:

$892,213,036 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

$783,766,341 Spider-Man 2

$1,065,659,812 Pirates of the Caribbean Two

Those are the box office stats for the previous movies of these sequels.

You don't think jack has a chance huh?

Well out of all three of those movies Pirates of the Caribbean beats Spider-Man's but as well as Harry Potter, but Spider-Man much more than Harry Potter's.

I think that it will be a close call between Pirates of the Caribbean three, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. But i'm hoping that Harry potter will take it all rofl especially with the last 20 minutes of it being in 3D In IMAX.

Well look what happen with the second pirates movie they open it up for a second time around as well and you don't see to many movies do that unless they have to cover the costs. Of course look at harry potter, most of that money is coming from the kids while spider man and pirates is more of a teenager-adult type movies. Of course the question should be will pirates be able to score 150,000,000+ on opening weekend as well? since spider-man three has broken every record that the pirates movie just broke.We already know that SM 3, PotC 3, HP 5, Shrek 3, transformers are going to be bringing in at least 3-4 Billion dollars by themselves, although I am big a Ocean's fan; however, not to many kids are going to see that movie since it's not funny and all that good stuff to them. I think the record for total gross during the summer was like $10-$15 billion or something? Of course think about this by the time PotC 3 does come out everyone including their mothers will have seen Spider-Man 3. It will be the biggest year yet for movies, of course who know's how much they could have make since a few hundred million will be lost to torrents and bootlegs and what not.

I think Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will win in the end. It has a much larger fan base than any of the three movies in this discussion I believe. All the proof you need is in Dumbledore's post.

Well to give you all small update the first thing that Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End has to do is bring in at least $149 million dollars to beat out spider-man 3 on opening weekend. Now If POTC brings in more then that that it will be a possibility. Of course POTC did beat out spider man two on opening weekend so I don't think it will be hard, now what would be interesting after they run their 2-3 months will they extend it like they did with POTC 2.

In my opinion, Harry potter shows lack substance although it is getting better, I wouldn't wish to spend my 10 bucks unless this 5th movie get great reviews. I reckon pirates and spidy are going to be close. But I think spidy is going to be a box office hit. Go spidy!

Well, I just check the Box Office Mojo website, and so far, Spidey dominates the summer box office and Jack Sparrow ran out of musket balls to challenge our friendly neighborhood web-crawler here. Accoring to the site, Spider-Man 3 keep its' opening day record and led the pack a total domestic gross of $325,585,149 so far. Pirates 3 is still far behind with a total domestic gross of $253,441,723 as of writing. And Spidey leads the worldwide grosses as well while Pirates did not come close at all.And with Spidey's Marvel comrades, the Fantastic Four, coming this Friday, and with Evan Almighty, Live Free and Die Hard, and Transformers on the horizon, it's obvious that the box office champ so far is Spidey.For anyone who have high hopes for Pirates 3, pray for a miracle because there's no way Jack and his crew would bounce back from obscurity.So it's official, Spidey beats Jack as the King of the summer box office...That is... Until a certain resident from the planet Cybertron enters the brawl on July 3rd.