xisto Community
sweet_princess

How Can I Grow Taller?

At 14 you should be more concerned with your studies - which is a daunting task in today's public "school" system.

Thank you so much for your help!
I quoted that because you have a point there, I'm actually more concerned about my studies than anyone else in my school (I'm an A* student). However, I do have to agree that most children, especially in my school, do not take their education very seriously and they don't understand that their whole life depends on what they know about. I just hope that the future generations will be much wiser!

The reason why I want to be taller is because it will give me so much confidence, you probably wouldn't understand. I hate being mistaken for a 12 year old rather than a 14 year old, soon to be 15.

By the way I'm not from America (even though I would love to be), I'm from England and I think that the average height for women would be a bit more.

Anyway...Thank you so, so, so, so, so, so, much for your help! I would have been lost without it! :unsure:

England is better than america! :(

Thought i find this interesting:

The reason why I want to be taller is because it will give me so much confidence

There is the problem, you dont have any problems with your height, the problem youre having is with confidence, if i was you id look on the internet abut boosting self esteem becuase the height is no problem at all, really, your height is fine!

Start believing in yourself and the rest will follow. you sound like an intelligent girl who can go a long way in this world :unsure:

You can't really make yourself grow. All the things that you can probably could do is drink milk and eat a lot of healthy foods. Also, like someone else said stretching might help. But if none of that works just wait for a growth spurt.

Lol just give yourself time, not all people are meant to be tall.... maybe you could try eating just a bit more and you would appear taller. You could of course stretch which should help and drink milk and dairy which would give you calcium and help you grow, but you need to wait for a growth spurt. Sit up straight and work on posture, you'll appear taller for sure. Draw your body up, shoulders back, and raise your head. Heels will make you appear taller. Other than that I can't think of anything....

Edited by seez (see edit history)

England is better than america! :(
Thought i find this interesting:
There is the problem, you dont have any problems with your height, the problem youre having is with confidence, if i was you id look on the internet abut boosting self esteem becuase the height is no problem at all, really, your height is fine!

Start believing in yourself and the rest will follow. you sound like an intelligent girl who can go a long way in this world :unsure:

I think that the only way I can gain confidence is to grow a tiny bit taller. But maybe you are right, as I grow older I will learn to accept the way I am and get on with the way my life is supposed to be, but I want to just try and get taller while I still have time to grow, and that is if I do have time! Lol, I'm not the type of person that gives up just like that.

I love that you think my height is fine! (or are you just saying that?) A lot of people do tell me that my height is okay and maybe I'll start thinking that too.
By the way, another reason why I want to be taller is because taller boys look much better than short boys (in my opinion), and if I like a tall boy, he won't like me because I'll be too short for him. (sorry about my punctuation)
So...Life goes and all of us will never be the same! Which is a good thing, being different is good, I mean if we were all just the same, wouldn't life be so boring?
Anyways, before I go into too much detail, thank you so much for your help! Lol!
Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

for some reason while males keep growing taller till the age of 21 females stop at about 18- 19 years, i dont think you should worry too much, you still have a few years, but one thing you should keep in mind , genes play a big role in you hieght, so if ur parents are short, mist likely you will be too,(this is common, but sometimes two shot people can have a skyscraper for a kid) so its not on all cases, but i think the best person to ask of how tall you will to turn out, would be your doctor...

Well, I am a guy and last year when I was 14, I had the height of 4.3", yes I was that short. but then suddenly a growth spurt came and now I am 15 and 5'6", I am still short than most of the guys I know of my age but still, that was how much I increased in just one single year.

It could be in your genes, or I would even like to agree with the people here speaking about nutrition, whole food is really important, I never really faced that problem in India as our food is considered more nutritious than other diets I've seen across the world. I used to live off burgers and pizzas but then when I started listening to my Mom :unsure: and started eating the food she gave, I grew so much in one year.

I am not saying that you shouldn't eat that, I still do, more than the usual food. :D But it could be one of the problems you might face. if you don't like drinking milk (I don't like it) then a good alternative is ice cream and this actually works!

One thing is for sure, don't take any medication or drugs until many doctors have said the same thing. Don't do weight exercises (If you do.) as they do stunt growth process. Just try to be a bit more active than you are now. Cycling and swimming do help, if you have the habit of eating directly after swimming, avoid that and instead take up cycling. Increase the height of the seat and then try to cycle properly, that will stretch your legs and that might make you a bit taller.

And most of all, just wait, it oculd be in your genes, none of males from my Father's side of family grew until they were 15. It could be the case, it depends on your family.

The reason why I want to be taller is because it will give me so much confidence

What you're saying is kinda right, but you can avoid this, height will give you a boost in confidence, it's a teenage thing but you can overcome this necessity, it's not NECCESSARY for height to be a factor here but usually it is. The moment I got slim, I just had so many advantages... :(

How tall are your parents? And what age did they stop growing? If they stopped growing later that usual you've probably got a ways to go, for girls it varies a lot as I understand it. If they're tall you'll be tall, if they're short you'll be short, and if one's short and one's tall then I have no idea what happens. Being tall isn't all that special, btw, my height's like 90th percentile and it doesn't matter, plus I'm still bad at basketball.

Your posture also helps. If you stand and sit straight, you'll appear taller. But you'll also avoid developing a bad slouching habit, which can come back to hurt you (literally) later in life.
But for the most part, like others have already said: you aren't finished growing yet. Female or male, you can expect more growth spurts over the next few years or so. My last one hit when I was 17 or 18 (I'm female, by the way). I only gained about half an inch out of that one, but it was better than nothing :)

Where different shoes or get a pair of stilts.

Or Take some pills or something. It could work. Are there Growing Steroids?

Where different shoes or get a pair of stilts.
Or Take some pills or something. It could work. Are there Growing Steroids?

I just googled it and it turns out there are, for really seriously short people or something. She almost definitely doesn't need them though.

u cant ur born with whats in ur genes sorry matey

Now that was a quality post to ignore!!!
The most important thing is not to worry about it. Do what you can, but try not to become hung up on the height issue.
And I think there is something you can do... Exercise.
I know it sounds stupid, but it does make a difference. Don't get me wrong, the exercise doesn't make you taller, BUT, it will make your growth times last for longer, and definitely grow quicker.
I made the mistake of becoming more lazy, and I can tell you, when you actually do some exercise there is a noticable difference in the time it takes to grow!
If you've slowed down the amount you think you're growing, just do a little more exercise and another growth spurt will come'at'cha!

Give it a whirl. And it doesn't have to be all the usual types of exercise, just do what you like, play a game with a friend, go cycling or swimming (as suggested already!) or just walk everywhere instead of getting a lift! - Anything is better than nothing
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I'm 14 years old, about 50Kg but I'm only 5"2 in my height. I hate being short! Girls who are tall are always so pretty! I want to grow at least 2-5 inches taller, What should I do? And, yes I am a girl! Please help,

Thanks xx

Small isn't necessarily ugly, my girlfriend is quite small (around ur height) and i think she looks great.