xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TaKeN

Best Exercise For Losing Calories

the best excersie is climbing stairs for 5 min u lose about 144 caloriejumping rope for 15 min for about 300 timesand drink a lot of cold water case ur body uses calorie to make the water degree equal to ur body mass.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Only eat 3 meals a day and burn the calories off after the first two and after the third exercise lightly because it is the end of the day and you don't want to lose all your energy.Because if stop eating at about 4:30 then you go until 9:00 at night and go to sleep and don't eat until 6:30 in the morning you will burn most of that off with a light exercise.And when you start your exercise plan do not change the way you eat for about a week because then your body will get used to burning all those calories then when you cut back the calories while you are still exercising your body will still be burning as many calories as before but it will not have as many to burn and this will help your metabolism.

Edited by reelkill (see edit history)

I found that often the best rule is to eat large breakfast, a medium-sized lunch and a light dinner. I can't remember the exact quote, but I think it was..."eat breakfast like a king, eat lunch like a commoner and eat dinner like a pauper (pauper=poor person)". As for my personal exercise, I'm going to concentrate on the abs (getting a bit too flabby) so I'll start off with 10 sets of sit-ups a day and build on it from there. Oh, and if any of you have a better suggestion, please let me know.

The first thing to remember, is it's all about calory intake. The best thing to do is to do some form of exercise the second you wake up, BEFORE you have breakfast. Ideally go for a jog, litterally the second you wake up. This will then raise your metabolism the second you wake up.Then have up to 7 meals a day ideally, but if that isn't possible, then as it has been said already, eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner (the three p's in decending order).The best exercises for burning calories are running, rowing or cross country skiing. Whichever you can. Ideally flip between the three to "keep your body guessing"

I am sorry but I disagree with your statement about loosing 140 calores in just 5 minutes by walking on stairs. I have used the stair machines in the gym and at a fair speed ( a little bit faster than walking) takes me about 10 minutes to but 150 calories. I have also noted that this varies from person to person....I agree with what you said about drinking cold water causes the body to burn calories since I also read it somewhere before.

Wait, now how exactly does the cold water help more than room temperature? Mind, I only drink water cold . . . I just don't get what the difference would be. There's probably something scientific there, but biology isn't my best subject.Btw, in regard to what someone said about their abs . . . I've seen a lot of things that target abs; but what about thighs?

It all comes down to what you're looking for.

Looking to burn calories and get stronger/bigger too

Using weights is a great way to burn calories, but it only works if you challenge yourself. Keep increasing the poundage for each machine or exercise. Once one poundage becomes to easy, increase the weight another increment. This exerts a lot of energy, burning calories. An added bonus is muscles burn more calories than fat, so you'll burn calories while exercising an more than you used to when you're just sitting around on the sofa. The only problem with this method is your body weight does increase.

Looking to burn calories and lose weight too

For this preferance, your best bet is to do lots of walking. Get your heartrate up to your target heartrate zone, and try to keep it up there for at least 30 minutes. This will build up your cardio as well as burn calories. While running burns lots of calories, it is not as effective in losing weight.

Looking to burn calories but don't care whether you become stronger/heavy or lighter

Your best bet is to do some intense cardio. Do lots of running and vary your mileage. Run a longer distance one day at a moderate speed, and then switch to a lower mileage the next but be sure to increase your speed. As an above poster mentioned, jumping rope is great and just playing basketball, soccer, etc is effective (plus you're having some fun).

Most importantly, if one method doesn't seem to be giving you the results you're striving for, try another method. Don't give up and stop. Everyone's bodies are different. You WILL find a method that works for you!

I had no idea about the water. I knew that it was always good to drink lots of water (not that I ever did though :lol:) but now maybe I'll have a reason to! I'll have to look more into why that actually burns calories, because here all I could think was with all that water in my stomach, I'd feel full and not want to eat anything else haha.But trying to equal out the water in your body, that's a new one for me and I want to see what that's all about lol

Looking to burn calories and lose weight too

For this preferance, your best bet is to do lots of walking. Get your heartrate up to your target heartrate zone, and try to keep it up there for at least 30 minutes. This will build up your cardio as well as burn calories. While running burns lots of calories, it is not as effective in losing weight.

I did that--just walking-- for about fourty-five minutes everyday. All I did was gain muscle, I think. My legs only got bigger. >< True, they were hard . . . but I didn't exactly reach any weightloss goals. In fact, I gained weight. As for how long I kept the walking thing up, I'd say about two months. What was I doing wrong?

I found that often the best rule is to eat large breakfast, a medium-sized lunch and a light dinner. I can't remember the exact quote, but I think it was..."eat breakfast like a king, eat lunch like a commoner and eat dinner like a pauper (pauper=poor person)". As for my personal exercise, I'm going to concentrate on the abs (getting a bit too flabby) so I'll start off with 10 sets of sit-ups a day and build on it from there. Oh, and if any of you have a better suggestion, please let me know.

If your getting flabby, you should do cardio (run). If you dont burn off the fat ontop of your stomache, your abs will never show. If you have the strongest abs ever and have some fat ontop, you wont have a 6pack. And when you do situps, try something else; try one of those yoga balls. 55mm size is good for an average male. Pass the ball from your feet to your hands stretching slowly with each manouver. It will rip your abs :D

Looking to burn calories and get stronger/bigger tooUsing weights is a great way to burn calories, but it only works if you challenge yourself. Keep increasing the poundage for each machine or exercise. Once one poundage becomes to easy, increase the weight another increment. This exerts a lot of energy, burning calories. An added bonus is muscles burn more calories than fat, so you'll burn calories while exercising an more than you used to when you're just sitting around on the sofa. The only problem with this method is your body weight does increase.

Yes that's true, but this is the bulking phase where's your only building muscle. But during this phase you would also be gaining some fats. It's true that you're losing calories but you're gaining fats as well. So I suggest that you would do this for around 6 months, and then follow it by a cutting phase for around 3 months where you use light weights in many sets and reps. The cutting phase burns more calories AND removes the fats (of course you should do cardio during the cutting phase as well). If you follow this 9 month program and keep on repeating it, eventually you'll end up with a carved muscled body, which means big muscles and very low amounts of fats.

I did that--just walking-- for about fourty-five minutes everyday. All I did was gain muscle, I think. My legs only got bigger. >< True, they were hard . . . but I didn't exactly reach any weightloss goals. In fact, I gained weight. As for how long I kept the walking thing up, I'd say about two months. What was I doing wrong?

mmmm well I don't know what were you doing wrong but you should have certainly lost weight. Maybe you're not walking fast enough or something... you should walk faster than you usually walk inside your house or office... etc. You need to get your heartrate to the burning level, where it burns fats and removes fats. Actually I've been walking to my college over the past 2 months and I've seen some really great results. Most of the bulking fats that were around my belly and my waists are now gone, and I expect that by the end of the summer I would have an extremely low amount of fats in my body and a 6-packed abs. So, I don't know, I suggest that you keep on walking but walk faster, and change your diet cuz this might help (remember: less carbs and lipids, and more proteins and vegetables)... Good luck :D

The best exercise to do is target your areas.If you have love handles, do side to side crunches. You'll see results very fast. I did.Calorie Intake is key, but just because you're eating less calories, doesn't mean your eating right.1 potato chip for lunch isn't healthy!Good luck with your venture and I hope you lose weight! Everyone should.

I agree when I did my workout during my diet I used an exercise ball, swimming and bike riding after I did all that I lost 17 pounds and I still have to lose fat in my lower body

-reply by Sara Stellman