xisto Community
Mafian

Favorite Os? What is your Favorite Operating system

I love Apple's operating system. I have never had any problems with this computer. The operating system always runs fast, startup is quick, and the spotlight (similar to Windows Desktop Search) never runs slow. You can search the whole computer from it so if you cannot find what you are looking for, or are new to mac os you can access any program from the spotlight. You can also search the internet through it.Mac >. ;)

I agree with rvalkass, Kubuntu is a great linux distro. I can do almost anything I want in it and its installation was even easier than ubuntu's. Linux isn't bad compared to windows its just that you have to give it time to get used to it plus the gui beats windows anyday.

I agree with rvalkass, Kubuntu is a great linux distro. I can do almost anything I want in it and its installation was even easier than ubuntu's. Linux isn't bad compared to windows its just that you have to give it time to get used to it plus the gui beats windows anyday.

I still consider linux ugly and this is not only one reason why I don't use it. Although you can make linux graphical user interface look exactly the same as vista it would not change a thing. Because it still stays ugly ;) and for most of linux effects I was not satisfied.

Mine favorite operating system is Windows Vista.For Linux, mine favorite is the Red Hat Linux.It seems good to work on this operating system. they have many features in them. :unsure:

Well right now I'm using windows but it's not my favorite. Right now I'm waiting for a new OS to come out which so far has not reached very many peoples ears. But I'm confident that it will be huge when it comes out. It's called Altimit being made by Altimit Corp. I made a topic about it and it seems like a really good OS. Thats what I'm going to be using and I suggest you check out my opic I made on Altimit and maybe you'll think about using that.

i would probably have to say that windows xp is my favorite to all of the others due to the simple fact that it runs smooth on many machines and that it can run just about all of the programs that i own without error. A word of advise if you have windows xp and are thinking about upgrading make sure that you have a dual core processor with at least 1gb of ram or else you are asking for a extremely slow computer.

i use windows and mac osx. but mainly windows, however i am looking into partitioning my external to run xp, vista, linux and mac osx. i hope it will work.

I am just interested how come that you use windows and then you would like to partion your hard drive to use vista xp linux and mac osx.

I just don't know which windows are you using. I am also using windows but I might even switch to the linux I just need it.

My favourite OS? I don't really have a favourite. I actually like all of them to some extent, but not so much the Macs. I know that may sound weird to some of you but I make a haibt of making the best of things.Believe it or not I still use Win 3.1 on my old Travelmate laptop.

I think i'll choose windows 98 . It doesn't use many rams ..... . My pc os now is windows xp pro service pack 2 . But since i upgradedto this new os (xp pro) , my pc can't play any games ... . It'll restart when i'm playing it . :)

Although I don't use it because it is incompatible with my computer and expensive, eComStation is my favorite OS. It can support many binary formats, it's stable, and so on. Plus I don't need to worry about the confusion of configuration files and odd directory structure that I have to deal with in *nix systems.

I am still using Windows XP and I want change it probably I am not even considering to transfer to the linux. As I don't need it and XP evethough I don't prefer it is to some extent good Operating System. Also I would like to point out that if you have Linux you don't need virus protection program. And About vista eventhough Microsoft is stating that it is completely newly written I would like to point out that it is still using large parts of XP coding however they have rewritten many very important parts and many critical system parts have been transfered out of kernel so to say the architecture of Vista provides more security then that of Windows XP. But it is still more or less Cosmetical update. I don't like linuxes as they are like to play hard tog et. Although it offeres more ability and control over your own computer I really don't need that much and Windows allows me at the moment apporximately the same amount of control i would need.

I like Microsoft Windows Xp,its suits its name Windows experience ,combined With stability and the speed
userfriendlyness,Security of Nt Workstation And with most nice improvement in windows series is the blue screen problem and hanging problem.its the best, till now but Windows Vista is also good but its shell sucks ,its memory requirements and compatibliity problem is very disoppointing,its also has some bugs and need to be rectified if,they are rectified the it will be the fastes and best os,i think
Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)