xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Sony To Discontinue 20 Gig Ps3 SONYs official store

Well this shouldn't be a surpise, although I was a bit shocked, but it looks like we could see a price drop in the 60 gig PS3 once the 20gig goes out of stock. Of course they did state the bovious that everyone owuld go for the better machine, hopefull and most likely sony is thinking this to that once they drop the price to the PS3 sales my jump a bit. Of course it would help if they have good games so far most of the games are junk especially the ones that are hooked online games.

SOURCE

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This comes as no surprise to me. Sony is trying to get more profits from the better one, assume their idea of "More people will buy it if it's cheaper" works. The PS3 has had to deal with some tough competition in the 360 and Wii that I think Sony wasn't expecting. I think it's a smart move overall.

Well i think sony did a good move there to stop restocking the 20 gig it will save them money from the low sales that they have from the ps3 it really did not sell out as they thought when new games come out i think that is when the ps3 will come back in to the system war.

Who would want a 20gb hard drive anyway.... Especially if you can use it as a computer. I mean, I can hardly live with 80 gb on my notebook.

Who would want a 20gb hard drive anyway.... Especially if you can use it as a computer. I mean, I can hardly live with 80 gb on my notebook.

Well that is different a laptop and a ps3, since a ps3 isnt actually like a computer, yey. getting there. But this is great news for me. I have wanted a game console, but have been waiting for a price drop. I wanted to get an Xbox 360 console, but they haven't dropped the price. So hopefulyl once ps3 drops their price Microsoft will try and top them by putting out their 360 console 100 bucks cheaper!

I think was a good idea becuase for an extra $100 you could get some many extra features with the 60gb ps3 compared to the 20gb. even getting the extra 40gb is enough to make a person buy the 60gn model. And they would also get all the different memory card slots and a lot of extra features missing from the 20gb model. I also think at least a $75-$100 price drop is needed. Sony has a lot of good technology in the ps3 but no one wants to pay that much for a gaming console when they see people comparing the xbox 360 to it and the xbox 360 is cheaper. This move will hopefully also increase Sony's sales since the wii is beating their sales by a large number which a lot of people couldn't believe at first. But i guess we will see when this price drop officially happens which will hopefully be happening soon.

Well, if this isn't just a kick in the ol' keyboard! Seems that Sony's official store, SonyStyle, has taken down any listings of the 20GB PlayStation 3. That's correct, sir, all you see now is the 60GB model.

I read something about this a few days ago. And now I guess a bigger model is coming out soon. One that has 60 gigs of ram in it. Here's a link to this story and see for yourselves.

https://www.engadget.com/gaming/

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging with topic already in progress. Please search the forum.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this today HERE. Just 5 days after I made this topic about Sony discontinuing the 20gb hard drive. They plan to increase the hard drive and add more junk so those who do everything expect play video games will have more room to work with. So I see 2 ways they will go with this; 1 they will create a seperate hard drive that comes with the patch or 2 they will drop either a $700 price tag with the perk or just give the next version of the Ps3 some updates and keep hte same price,

But what gets me is the price tag for this $1.7 billion loss so far in making this bad boy and with hte few games that have come out since it's launch it will be quite sometime before we see a PS4 and Sony getting a profit off this. Hopefully though by the fall and winter season they will start making some profit since thats when a chunk of hte games are coming out.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)