xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

How Can I Be More Popular? How Can I Be More Popular??

thats the same prob with me. i was not not popular in my school and and in college .. but i think being popular is not fun. look around you there are many who are like you..just try to get closer with them .. don't go behind the famous guyz. let people come to you. that wat i did. i now i'm alot better the those popular guys =))

I guess to me, popularity doesn't matter. I am much smarter than the rest of my peers (don't mean to brag, but it is true!), which brings some "populartiy" in the form of people asking me to help them with homework and do their homework (never done that <_<).Funny to see some of the dumb popular kids ask really stupid questions :( Don't be them :(

it doesn't really matter if you are popular in high school, college, or university. the most imortant thing is to get good knowledge from there. another thing is to be good heated. be nice and helpful to others. don't be opportunity seeker. have some good deeds. be useful to society. you will be popular in the whole society.

i think if you want to be popular the best thing i could say is to do something you like but dont just become another person in the background but try really hard to be the best at wahatever you decide to, then you'll be recognized for what you've done and people will know you. but something what's always important is to not let the popularity get to your head and you loose site of who you realy are. this may seem like something out of a corny movie but it's true i've know people that when normal but when they get more fame they start becoming but holes and you dont want to be like those people.

just be confident. get out there and play sport with the popular kids, hang out with them at lunch and after school and try and quit nerdy hobbies like stamp collecting and don't read text books during lunch. dress appropiately stay of crack and you should do just fine.

Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

Just be yourself and network with people. Don't be afraid to just talk to random people and get to know them.Along with 'popularity' it will also help in the long-run, especially when you go look for jobs and stuff.

Firstly why do you want to be popular at school? The only reason you really go to school is to learn about subjects which will later help you in your life. But never smoke, drink alcahol or take drugs just to make out that your cool. Everyone here is equal noone is higher than eachother which is why we do not need to be popular if you get me.Secondly never copy what a bad guy does because you will be the one who ends up in trouble. Never break the rules at school just to look like your some big guy because then you will embarrass your self which is really worse.Finally, never join up in any gangs and fight people because its unsafe and there is no need for violence of that type , we can all get along with eachother if we listen to eachother so my advice is to stay as you are and keep your head down and work as hard as possible

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not an attention seeker, but I would like to be more popular at my school. I'm not a loser and I'm friends with some of the populars. That's generally my position - I am friends with some of the dorks though, which I guess brings me down on the social system scale. Please TELL ME HOW I CAN BE MORE POPULAR. Thank you. I appreciate it.

DO some sports, lift weights, I don't know. I mean there are more important things then being popular, but I can see why you would like to be popular. Maybe just getting more involved could also help. The activities you are involved in, the more popular you will become.

I'm guessing that you still want to be popular and nothing I or anyone else on this forum can change that. First off don't drop the friends you have now. Being truely popular doesn't mean hanging out with the cool kids but making friends will all social groups at your school. You can't make people like you but you can become a person that people like and this is how to become that person.Don't be a wimp- Do sports and work out. Doing sports will help you become a fitter more athletic person and give you more time to soicalize with people and gain more friends. If you truly suck at a sport stay away from it because that will make you less popular. Hit the gym a few times a week and take some protein powter before, during, and after to get the full benifits. I would also recomend running a few miles every day to keep you in top shape and help you look better in the sports you choose to do. The sports I recomend are- Football in the fall, wrestling in the winter, and track in the spring.Look cool- Hoister and other stores like that are great one stop shops for good clothes. Other store would be aeropostal (but I think their clothing falls apart and don't last long) and American Eagle ( but that is kinda going out of style). Just stay in with the trends and you'll be fine in this category. Get some cool shoes I would tell you what kind but that varies from school to school.Look clean- Shower every day or maybe twice if you do a sport that makes you sweat. Shower in the morning before you go to school not the night before. Long hair goes in and out of style but short hair is always in- get a hair cut. Brush your teeth 2-3 times a day and go to the dentist every six months.Be confident- If you act confident people will notice and respect you for it. This does not mean be cocky. There is a fine line between cocky and confident DON'T cross it. Never walk with your head down. Just don't act like you run the school or you'll get beat up (and thats not cool).Talk- Now this doesn't mean nonstop because thats annoying as h*ll, I'm just saying you need to start conversations and get to know everyone individually.Parties- Go to them. If your house is big throw a party. Make sure the whole school knows and act like its going to be the biggest thing every. Make sure you know a lot of people are coming or it will end up being a party of less then 10 and thats not cool. Big parties or nothing. Parties and inviting a few friend over is completly different because if they know its only going to be a few people they'll be fine with that.Hang out- Go to peoples houses and have them over to yours. Hanging out after school creates bonds that you can't make during school hours.Stuff that helps but isn't necessary- Cool car, cool phone like a iphone, having money (hopfully you worked over the summer)Side note: Drugs and underage drinking isn't cool. Smoking just gives you bad breath.Hope this helps.