xisto Community
Johnny

Where/how Did You Learn Css?

I have gotten suggestions of where to learn from but I am in need of ideas of WHAT to learn. I need some suggestions of practice programs to write. Give me some assignments and let me have a go at 'em. It would be particularly useful to you if you could assign me something that you need written.

Hello johnny,

I would like to present to you http://www.teachucomp.com/ . This is a great site. they have numerous amount of products ranging from microsoft word to HTML or Photoshop. I know you may say itis unsafe to purchase products from an unknown company but dont worry i purchased it ad it is great. In order to purchase a product that teaches CSS follow these Steps:-

1. go to http://www.teachucomp.com/

2. Scroll down a little there just be a sub-heading called Web Design

3. Under Web design there should be HTML

4. Click on HTML

5. It will take you to a page where youcan view the product, purchase,look up details on product, Price, And of course what the Product has to offer

6. Now scroll down a litle on this page and you should find the Table Of contents. You should see CSS there

OK now that thats over i say go for this product.

If you were planning to get it free sorry it costs money

They Ship by UPS. You can live chat wiht an employee of the company for any help

Ridwan Sameer
Cya

I learnt CSS in combination with w3schools tutorials and dreamweaver as well. I suggest viewing CSS scripts of other web pages to see how they work. They are not really that hard to learn.Good luck.Dwayne.

i learned css after i learned html. we were having a crash course back in highschool for html, and i did got interested. i started doing my newbie website, then i read about css. i started working with some css concepts, but i had full encounter with it when i started blogging about three years ago.

At first all I knew was HTML. I thought that's all you needed to make websites. I thought that's all there was pretty much. I saw CSS code and was like what the heck is this!? At first I was intimidated and just thought that I didn't need to know that if I can already make my websites look how I want them to. Eventually I got bored and read about WHY CSS is good. So I eventually got around to reading some tutorials and understanding the syntax of it. Then I learned about how all the properties work. Lots of tutorials, lots of hours. The best way is to experiment of course. I mean read as much as you can about CSS. Then get yourself a free host that you can play with. Write some HTML pages and toy with the CSS. Surf the web for interesting site designs. Look at the design, then try to see if you can make a similar design without looking at the source code of the other site. Then compare the code and see the similarities and differences.

I learnt CSS the same way I learnt HTML: by learning PHP. Whenever I need a feature, I google it, I learn how to use it, and add to my personal knowledge. That way it's less boring than looking at a very long tutorial :D

I got my basics for CSS in college, but I'm learning new stuff with it all the time. Sort of learning new tricks as I need to create things with it. Generally, if I need to learn something, I just do a Google search and see if I can find something that explains it, or if I find something interesting on a website, I pull open the code for it and learn how they did it, so I can know how I could go about doing something similar.I've also got some books here... on web design, html, javascript and so on that have CSS sections in them, so I look to them for reference every now and again.

I slowly learned using w3schools. I would use other sources/code and add them together and modify them. Search for the code for what I wanted to do... and just slowly learn from that. I still don't know too much CSS, but its fairly simple. Every page I design now, I use CSS tables... usually div positioning.