xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
friiks

I Really Thought I Wouldn't Ask Advice About A Girl ..especially on forums...but whatever :P

Well yeah, I feel a little weird asking help here...

But I've read other topics and maybe you can help me with an advice or two.

Well my problem is ... a girl. I mean, she's not the problem - I am. I like her for like 2 years now. And I know stuff about her ex b-friends etc. We are good friends and yea, she knows I like her but I'm kinda afraid and don't really know how to show her that...you know. I mean, I've been with two girls since I like her but...I just broke up with them because I didn't really have any feelings against them. I even catch myself dreaming about her more and more. And yea, we go out to movies for a walks and stuff but nothing more.

The dumbest thing is that I am more than sure she likes me as a friend - just a friend. She's year older than me though I don't think it's a problem as we go in same class...

Well yea, shortened - I like her for a long long time and keep thinking about her (I'm a bad person about the girlfriend thing), and I think she doesn't like me that way and yea..I don't know what to do..

Hope there's an advice for me out there..

Thanks

if you really like that girl, you should try to share your feelings with her

try to be close to her when you see her, sit close to her if you get the chance

when you go for a walk with her, hold her hand the whole way, if she allows it, you might consider that as a good point

if you go to the movies, try to put your arm around her so that she leans a bit more towards you

give her a good hug when you are about to leave (at the end of the time you spend with her, like going to movies)

then you will see if she likes you more then a friend, if you really have the guts to do something more

give her a kiss on the cheeck, not mouth yet

start small and end big ^^

ow yea if she feels sad, don't resist to go to her and try to make her feel more comfortable

ask whats happening and listen what she says, surely dont disturb her when she's talking

most girls feel more comfortable after a good talk and a hug

these are some points i did before and it went all fine :P

now i hope they might help you

don't forget ==> life is taking risks, if you don't take a risk, you'll never know what might happen

Yea, true, I mean, I do give and get hugs :P But still something bothers me..I mean, I've done everything you said before..many times. But when I'm with her I get so... One her smile makes my day brighter...she makes me happy when she's just around.Feels weird.. Well... I should get more .. cooler .. you know, like attitude?I don't really know..I mean, how about showing some attention like giving her flowers or something...you know..

if she feels comfortable with the person you are now, don't even attempt to change ur behaviorthe chance that she might start to act different then is seriously big, like not feeling so comfortable anymore with your cool attitude, just remain your own selfif you want to give her a flower, be sure you get her a flower that she likes :(also i bet she wouldn't like it if you give it to her in front of all her friendsyou could also give her a teddy, since girls like soft teddy bears, it would make you score good manshe will hold it in sad times and cuddle it, it will make her remember youchocolats also score high, but be carefull that she isnt looking for her weight ^^ in that periodlets say, flowers & teddy bears will score the best, but still don't forget to give hugs :Pstill it's your decision man what you will do :( all we can do is give you hints and advice

Lol, thanks..Im confused because... She's different..better.Bah, I feel weird. Never felt this way for a girl :SOk, well, I'm going out with her on Friday :P

Hey man, ive been in a similar situation except the girl knew i liked her before we became friends, it never affected our friendship as we are close friends and have been for years. My advice is a little different from whats above, im less of a material person, sure on valentines day and the like i used to give her a card and some flowers and such but i think telling her your feelings is a lot better than giving her gifts. My advice is basically just talk to her, you culd do it by phone, not on IM or by text though! Just talk to her casually and then say something like "you know, i love talking to you, it really makes my day" and then carry it on from there to kind of flatter her a little, tell her truly how you feel, tell her abut her smile making your day and then just finish it off by telling her that you hope it wont make any difference and i wouldnt ask her out right then id let it wait a while so it doesnt seem like you said all of that to "soften her up" as it were. And then see how she reacts, who knows?

I know one thing though it wnt affect your friendship in any negative way. Like i said ive been in a similar situation and ive given her roses and love poems and the lot but it has never once affected our relationship...nt untill she got a boyfriend. He wasnt too keen on the idea :P

Well... I should get more .. cooler .. you know, like attitude?

No, no, no, no, no!!!!! Although on the TV it seems the "cool" guy gets the girl, believe me, it isnt true! Girls like funny and honest guys, they really dnt like guys with big egos and who think theyre "cool". the films, they lie! Just be yourself as already said! My thoughts are that you should never change for anyone but yourself and if this girl likes you as a friend as you are now then she obviously likes your personality just as you are so work with that!

Good Luck!

the feelings u're having are true love feelings, this is what u call love on first sight normally :Pthe more your going to be with her, the more powerfull those feelings will getwhen your out with her on friday, try to ask her some stuff you'd like to knowif you wanna know how she feels about you, try to ask it on a way that the main question aint so visibleyou know, like asking it on a totally different way, but don't choose the bad way ^^also just don't dissappoint her on any possible way, try to figure out what she doesn't like and modify ur behavior to itdon't change ur behavior too much, else she's gonna figure it out and she'll surely tell yaif you'd like to give her something, i guess friday is ur moment ^^impress her with something she likes, and give her the best hug / kiss u ever gave to her on fridaydon't let her go for some time :(, the closer she's gonna be to you, the betterhave fun & good luck :(

Aww, thanks guys :POh, and shadow, bout 'cool' thing, I didn't mean ego..I meant... like loosen up, because I'm always afraid to like...tell or do stuff.. like MORE. I'm just always afraid to ruin our friendship. I know it wouldn't but.. I still have this weird feeling..

Maybe somewhere deep you really like that feeling you have for her right now. You like her the way you think of her, and probably feel that you don't want to change that by coming out fully the way you feel to her. Sometimes, people just like that they have somebody they can dream of, and don't like to change that. That feeling can be even better than dealing with everyday "stress" of having a girl/boyfriend. Try to ask yourself what you really want of all that. Men sometimes have good girlfriend whom they understand, and who understand them too. Beacouse we are men we always think that we should go for it, even on the risk of loosing the feeling we have at that time. Ask yourself is it worth it? Friends are important, and having a friend you feel the way you do is awesome, and you should try to keep that feeling. I wouldn't risk doing that, or at least wouldn't hurry. If she likes you, just you and your company you will know that just by time you spend with her. There is a risk you might loose her, but there is always a risk i anything you try to do, just be sure you are acting from heart and your mind at the same time.

Thanks, matak...and well, yeah, I don't want to use the word [youknowwhat .. <3] but yeah, what I've felt for other girls is nothing that I feel for her. I mean, we are good friends but I've always felt like I want to be something more with her. Um yeah.. It just has started to be too ... hard for me to live like that. You know. I mean yea.. I'm happy from one side but not so happy from other.

Whlist the word love shouldnt be used just anywhere on anything like it is these days, however, if you feel it, simply use this to your advantage. If your opening up to her then she is more inclined to listen, and share with you, then trying to push things out of her. Flowers, Chocies, Dinners, Movies, spoil her rotton. You do this because your trying to show you care and you want to spend time with her. You get to see her, thats the bonus!! Don't threat about upsetting her, this will only happen if you didnt have a good friendship to start with or you go totally overboard and she feels threatned. Do you know what you should do? Write her a nice letter, make it sweet, but not pushy. It should take at least a week to write explaing the way she makes you feel when you were together during that week. If she likes you, she will cherish it.

Man I am in the exact same situation and I've screwed it up 4 now, I started going out with her and ended up tearing us apart and she wont talk to me now...not trying to scare her but it can happen. you'd hate to lose something that good trust me I know, I also know what you mean but your happy but not happy...its a tough situation. good luck!