xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

The "list" Of people you can do during relationships

If you don't know what I mean by "list", it's where people in a relationship agree not to sleep with other people, except the listed few.My rant is pretty much:What's the deal with these things? :( It's pretty much like saying "I wouldn't cheat on you, except for these few people...". And alot of them are celebrities, but why does it matter? Just because they live far away doesn't mean you can find them hotter/better looking than your "loved" one. It's even worse when it's someone you know in real life (Yes, my girlfriend did do a list with her friend, and it included three people from her 6th form (I used to go to highschool there) :P ), because there's a higher chance that they'd actually do it!And also, why do celebrities get so much more attention than normal people?! "It's ok to think they're hot over your boy/girlfriend" "It's ok to want to sleep with them"....Why?! They're just normal people, who get paid way too much to make movies, and then moan that their live's hell because of the media :( I don't care if they're famous, it's still cheating in my eyes, even if you was just "snogging" a celebrity. Anyone else feel the same way? And does anyone else have one of these lists?On a side rant: Does anyone think that, even though their "other" doesn't go for the same gender, kissing their bestfriend would be a form of cheating?

Anyone else feel the same way? And does anyone else have one of these lists?

Oooh, touchy topic. I, for one, don't have any such list but that could be because I don't have my own boyfriend yet.

I don't think the point of that is cheating one's partner. After all, we all have certain needs or fetishes that our partner(s) simply cannot fulfill. For example, if I'm "married" to a sexy but timid geek, I cannot expect to fulfill my bondage fetishes with him. I'd find a dominant guy he would also approve of and go for it. Why is that alright? Sex and love are two entirely different things.

Times are changing. Where before, man and wife will sustain the illusion that their partner is perfect, people today are now more honest. "Hon, what do you think of my b00b$?" Before, the guy would lie, "It's fine," but now, "They're alright... What are your thoughts on breast enhancement?" Okay, so maybe that was an exaggerated example but the point is, couples nowadays will tell their partners if they have spinach between their teeth. If they can do that, they could also just as easily say, "Your penis is small and doesn't satisfy me. I love you more than anyone else but I think I'm looking for sexual pleasure elsewhere."

I also once met a homosexual couple who were both "tops" (dominant, in err, sex lingo) They both love each other but neither would submit to the other (Doing so is a physically painful process) What do they do? They get "tricks" (no-strings attached third parties) to "bottom" (play submissive) for them. It does not cause discord but rather keeps their relationship intact.

It's not exclusively for homosexual couples. For example, it could also work for a "top" guy and his dominatrix wife.

On your point about celebrities, I do agree. There are a lot of better looking-people on the planet. The only difference is that celebrities are "known" to the world while the others are, well, just undiscovered attractive gemstones in the rough. It's not about beauty but more on fame.

Some last few lines, a joke I've read somewhere else:

Son: Dad? What's the difference between theory and reality?

Dad: Hmmn, tough question. Go ask your mom if she'd sleep with <insert male celebrity here> for a million dollars.

(after a while)

Son: Mom said, "Oh, I know it's cheating but I suppose the money couldn't hurt."

Dad: Now, ask your sister the same thing.

(after a while)

Son: Sis said she'd do it too.

Dad: See here, in theory, we're sitting on top of two million dollars. In reality, we're just living with a pair of whores :P

Lol, that joke was very funny salamangkero. About the celebrity thing... I think they get more attention because they are everywhere, and why are they everywhere because they have the money to be there, and why do they have the money? because they work in movies or big projects that get heard of or seen all over the world. And not all celebrities are better looking, there are also celebrities in the music world and sports world that arent celebrities because they are better looking. About the list.... I had never thought of such thing or heard my girlfriend or her friends do or talk about something like that.. Sure they say that some celebrity, say Brad Pit is hot or really good looking, but I guess that that is just normal, I doubt there is a person in the world who thinks x and y celebrity is hot or really good looking.

Does anyone think that, even though their "other" doesn't go for the same gender, kissing their best friend would be a form of cheating?

Now that I've had the clarity of mind to think better (I've had my mind waterlogged with stuff I had to cram for a recent exam), I'd like to point out that girls do it all the time :P Whenever they meet, they'd get all high and squeal in high-pitched voices and hug each other and, basically, just flatten each others' b00b$ out. Then when they walk, they'd hold hands and prance around and all. Lastly, when they finally part, it'd take them 30 minutes to say good-bye, promise phone calls (which probably run longer than 30 minutes :(), hug, embrace, flatten the living daylights out of each other's, uhm, "bumpers" and even kiss, mwah, mwah.

Is that cheating at all? I doubt it :(

On a side note, I did see an interesting scene recently. A guy and two girls were eating at our school cafeteria. Apparently, the guy had his classes so he stood up to leave, stooped down to kiss one girl (on the lips, not the cheek, mind you), then he stooped down to kiss the other girl (on the lips too) Strange, huh? :(

Oh, people have the right to do whatever they want to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you don't agree with something someone does, it's becuase you are pathetic , aND YOU CAN'T STAND ANYONE WHO DOES THE THINGS YOU ARE NOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO DO OR EVEN THINK ABOUT!sorry about the caps, it got stuck. :lol:

Son: Dad? What's the difference between theory and reality?

Dad: Hmmn, tough question. Go ask your mom if she'd sleep with <insert male celebrity here> for a million dollars.

(after a while)

Son: Mom said, "Oh, I know it's cheating but I suppose the money couldn't hurt."

Dad: Now, ask your sister the same thing.

(after a while)

Son: Sis said she'd do it too.

Dad: See here, in theory, we're sitting on top of two million dollars. In reality, we're just living with a pair of whores :lol:

Oh MAN!!! Now I've got to find another funny joke to tell at parties! Sheesh! I didn't realize it was so widespread!

Oh, and the list is one of the most retarded ideas I've heard in a long time. Anyone who participates in such a thing may as well just hang it up and live single for the rest of his/her life because no relationship is gonna withstand that for long.

Oh, and the list is one of the most retarded ideas I've heard in a long time. Anyone who participates in such a thing may as well just hang it up and live single for the rest of his/her life because no relationship is gonna withstand that for long.

Your last statement will probably be what my psych-teacher called self-fulfilling prophecy. If you start out thinking it won't work, then it will not work at all! I've seen some relationships that have been strengthened, not broken, by mutually consensual sexual contact with third parties.

Oh well, what works for some may be the demise of others. As they say, one man's meat is another woman's meat. Oh wait, I think that was one man's meat is another man's poison. And, to be politically correct, one person's nutrition is another person's poison. Ah, there we go :lol:

Hmm, it depends a good deal on one's relationship with one's partner, actually. If your partner has a thing against cheating, and you care about her/him enough, then I think I (just personally) wouldn't cheat out of consideration for her/him.However, I DO think that this is a case-by-case thing. After reading the above posts I'd have to agree that a relationship could be strengthened by a more free sexual attitude. As a matter of fact I have a female friend whose relationship actually broke up because she had a far greater sexual drive than her partner, and he wouldn't let her 'look elsewhere'As for celebrities:Yes, I think celebrities are hyped. Besides, it's possible to enhance basic good looks into the range of the 'unbelievable' with the help of camera angles, light source angles, and makeup.Anyway, I think my girl looks as good as just about any celebrity I can think of. And she shares my interests, and we get along very well, so no, I don't think either of us would cheat on the other even if a celebrity prepositioned one of us.

The list is an excuse to cheat within a marriage with permission. Its idiotic in my opinion, Image if your spouse slept with someone in their list and passed that person's STD to you. You'd most likely be horrified.Didn't they say something about a list in Friends recently?

The list is an excuse to cheat within a marriage with permission. Its idiotic in my opinion, Image if your spouse slept with someone in their list and passed that person's STD to you. You'd most likely be horrified.

In that case, the stupidity lies not in "cheating" or "the excuse to cheat" but in engaging in unsafe sexual practice. Truthfully, having multiple sex partners is, itself, already unsafe. That is reality.

However, from a moral and philosophical standpoint, I do think that this "list" is beneficial only if there is mutual consent. Otherwise, it's cheating. Really cheating.