xisto Community
FunkySurd

Male Cook! I DO

Well the most common thing at homes are female cook like my mother! But i was wondering how many of u guys here do cook.I mean MALE! i cook pretty much alot of stuff, i like to be in the kitchen when i was a kid and so i adapted it from my mom! Cooking is fun i feel and it helps you get relaxed from ur tension sometimes! :P

Cooking appeals to the creative, scientific (chemistry) side of the brain. I not only cook, I bake bread, brew melomel (mead with huckleberries or blueberries), and I brew beer. It's most satisfying when the work is done, but it can be a bit tedious too. I can spend all day on a brew and several hours more between the initial brewing and the bottling. Bread is not so bad, just start out with a decent recipe and start experimenting until you've got your loaf. I use a bread machine personally. Makes a consistent loaf every time.

I don't cook much, only a few dishes and well many of the boil-and-eat type of foodstuffs, I know this ain't much but I am interested in cooking alot, I have been cooking for like 4 months now, lol, but I'm just 14 so I guess it's okay. :P

Cooking is fun and I never realised how much I enjoyed it until I was forced to bake my sister's surprise birthday cake. My favourite recipe must be home-made burgers and chips; experimenting with putting different herbs and spices inside the meat and seeing what works best.

I'm currently doing work experience in a kitchen, which is not so much fun as at home but the staff said they'd lend me some of their recipes - I might try them out over the weekend. :P

The best part is at the end when you get to try your own food.

I generally like to make soups - I like the different tastes/consistency you can get by experimenting with different ingredients. Then again, where I live we have lots of truly fresh vegetables in summer, so you can brew up some excellent soups.

When I was younger, my favourite bit of cooking was using the barbeque. Must be something about the char-broiled smell of burgers, steaks and hot dogs. Apart from that, I also like making tacos and pancakes for breakfast. Pity my cooking experience goes only a little beyond that.

Edited by shigajet (see edit history)

I cook too, well even the worst thig I've prepared tasted better than anything my girl can come up with. Anyway usually I experiment with exteme mixing of different ingridient and if all goes well .... yum. If not....heck I know I'll do better nezt time.

Most of world?s renowned chefs are male, which I find somewhat ironic as traditionally, women are the household cooks. But maybe it?s this very fact that leads to the preponderance of professional male chefs. I mean, when you?re not forced to do something from the cot, you?re more likely to take it up because you really enjoy doing it, not because you have to.

I really like to cook, I even went to a course, but the only problem is time! damn time! Most meals I learned to cook take about 45 minutes, especially dinner meals. And by the time I finish eating the meal over an hour has passed, add about 12 more if I have time to wash the dishes too. But, yeah, it is a lot of fun. Nothing like making your own food just the way you like it.

I really like to cook, I even went to a course, but the only problem is time! damn time! Most meals I learned to cook take about 45 minutes,

Yes - time is the enemy, that's why I've developed what I refer to as "marathon cooking," where I make large batches of food to freeze for later use. After a while, you'll find this sort of technique saves more time than buying fast food and/or cooking for every meal. I'll go into more detail on this technique on a future thread...

I do not have all the time either, but I ROCK pancakes, I have even my own special ingrediences :(. Now when it comes to guys and cooking there are some essentials for me:

Something to drink when making food

A good cookingbook (e.g. "cooking for bachleors")

A girl to cook for

Other than this I just have to say that the best thing in the world when it comes to cooking, is to make food with my girlfriend, that is soo cute :P.

Keep on Cooking Boys & Girls!

I cook sometimes but i can't realy cook any big dishes. I wan to learn and i would like to know how but when i try to cook somehing by following a recipe, it never comes out the same. i dont cook very often, but cooking is good because you know who made it and what you put in it so you don't have to be afraid of somebody touching it or puting something in it.