xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Adobe Photoshop Or Macromedia Fireworks What do you prefer and why?

Every where in the most design website I see them use Photoshop, when I ask my friend about pretty design How do they made.. the answer is alwys By Photoshop , In television too when you hear the word design you hear Photoshop too.. I wonder about that but I use Macromedia Fireworks a three years ago and I find it very easy and make the same design that photoshop make.Is there a big differnce between this two softwares? and which is the better ? Why?

Fireworks is geared towards working with web graphics specifically, and usually PNGs. The feature set and style of working is slightly different to that of Photoshop. Most people I know use a mixture of both, as each as their own merits and problems. Fireworks was designed with vector graphics in mind, and therefore is more similar to Illustrator than Photoshop. Photoshop, on the other hand was designed for the more fiddly bitmap work, used in print designs. Both can do some of the features of the other if really necessary, but you usually avoid it for anything major.Neither can really be classed as "better" as they were both designed for different tasks, both carry out different jobs and work in different ways. Try out Photoshop, and see which you like best, it has a free 30 day trial (as far as I remember).

Macromedia Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop are both great Graphics softwares. With the Adobe acquiring the Macromedia, the newer versions of Photshop and fireworks will include greater features that were not present in each other. Both Macromedia Fireworks and Photshop have their own benefits and features over other.

You can kiss fireworks goodbye since photoshop is the superior of the two graphics software out there. I haven't heard to much about a new fireworks coming out and I doubt it will After CS3 goes full version, they might take some idea's from fireworks, don't know if they have already. I would say say macromedia will keep it's programming software amd drop it's graphic software while adobe drops its programming software and keep its graphic software.

macromedia fireworks is considerably much user friendly than the more advance and complex graphic software which is the adobe photoshop. of course adobe photoshop offers alot of features than macromedia fireworks but it require a vast of memory to load so if you have a high end computer and you want more features in graphic designing then adobe photoshop is the best graphic software for you but if you don't need extra features that adobe photoshop offers and you just want a fast and easy to use graphic software then macromedia fireworks is for you.

I think that for small graphic works it?s better to use Fireworks because Photoshop takes a while to load and maybe you'll spend more time waiting for it than doing what you really want to do (if it's something fast like cropping a picture or resizing, adding a little text, etc). I really think that Photoshop is better for a more professional use but domestic tasks can be easily done with Fireworks obtaining great results and you'll find it easier to deal with. In Photoshop you get frequent errors when you want to make something that it?s not possible and I suppose it?s good but that get on my nerves sometimes. Anyway I must say that I was used to Freehand before, a program which I love, so for me Fireworks it's easier because it?s vector oriented. But we'll have to see what happens, if there will be new editions of both programs or there will be a better one instead.

Well i agree with both Rvalkass and Saint Micheal ( although they both spoke differently HAHA ). But it is true They were both made for different purposed. Fireworks was not made more to Graphic Designing side. Although it was made also to help Graphic designing IT doesn't do much for Photo effects ( Which IS almost why graphic designers are in this world LOL ). But fireworks is good it was made more user-friendly than Photohop. But with the right tools and tutorials. Photoshop will be a snap especially if you are working with CS3 Like me. Ofcourse if i was given a choice it would be Photoshop CS3.Well anyway thanks for posting this ( i was waiting for this post )

While I do agree with some that both have positives and negatives....my preferred graphics engine is Photoshop. Simply put....i've been using it for so long and i'm just more used to it. I've been designing and messing with graphics for almost 8 years now and i'm a photoshop junkie through and through. I started off with Jasc Paint Shop Pro back in the day. I didn't have enough money for Photoshop but could afford Paint Shop. Eventually I was able to get a copy of Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and I went to work. I used it for a while and still use it to this day. Fireworks.....i've used for little things and learned basic stuff in claseses at school, but i'm just not used to it and I prefer Photoshop.

I am going to have to go with photoshop here it has so much more features that fireworks. I use fireworks to do vector art cause that is how my teacher taught us then i learned that you can do vector in another adobe program who name i cant remember at the time. Photoshop has a higher quality photo effects and filters. Seeing that adobe owns marcomedia now i think they are going to stop making firework programs.

Well I use both Photoshop CS3 and Fireworks 8 and I have to say both are equal. The were designed to do different task so depending what you are doing one is going to be better then the other. I have beta tested these programs for a while and I know what they can do and there both great. On every website and nuke template, game graphic, flash graphic. I seem to use both programs.-coRpSE

Photoshop because sometimes there is features that other programs dont have. and photoshop is very well kown, its easy to use . I was taught in uni that fireworks is used mostly to export images that can be loaded faster on the web. thats the only thing we used it for. But retouching images and anything like that, we used photoshop :P