xisto Community
Misanthrope

Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs? Your Choice of Pet Says Something About You

Oh. By the way. Who wants to guess how many puppies are here at my house as of this minute?Just guess. We found more dumped puppies early this afternoon on the way to the grocery store. When I last posted, we had thirteen.Now there are twenty-one. I don't particularly LIKE dogs, but I can't help but think very nasty things about the people who dump these helpless creatures. What in the WORLD are we supposed to do with TWENTY-ONE PUPPIES? Seriously.

neither i much rather prefer fish especially goldrish. So forget dogsd and cats im going with the fish in the deep blue sea.lol. if i had to pick i'd pick dogs they are mans best friends cats are for lonely people and vegetarians

neither i much rather prefer fish especially goldrish. So forget dogsd and cats im going with the fish in the deep blue sea.lol. if i had to pick i'd pick dogs they are mans best friends cats are for lonely people and vegetarians

That makes a lot of sense. Dogs eat a mainly vegetarian diet and can survive on a fully vegetarian diet. Cats, on the other hand, need to have a high rate of animal protein in their diet. But for some reason you're saying "cats are for lonely people and vegetarians"? And why lonely people? Why not social people? Cats are social animals too you know. They do much better in pairs than individually in most cases. Mine follows me all over the house and enjoys playing with Vladamir Putin and they both like to go outside and play with Algore.
They're all individuals, to generally say all cats are loners or whatever personality aspect you want to peg to them would be to make an uninformed opinionated statement, and it would be false. They're all very much individuals just like people. Some people call cats "Little women in cheap fur coats" and I think they really act the part some times. :lol: But even "little women in cheap fur coats" are individuals with their own distinct personalities. Some are outgoing, others don't like strangers. Some use the toilet, others... Well, you get the point. I hope.
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

i think dogs because they understand people much more better than cats. and they are close to human since ancient times. in some part of the world cats are considered to bring bad luck and use for black magic.

Yeah, and in some parts of the world, dogs are served up in burgers. What's your point? Cat's are very in tune with their human companions and they're extremely healthy to have around, unless you happen to be alergic like I am, even then I'd prefer a cat to a demanding dog any day. Read this interesting article on the healing properties of a cats purr. It might bring to you some respect for the feline...

Read this interesting article on the healing properties of a cats purr. It might bring to you some respect for the feline...

Speaking of the healing properties of cats (yet another reason I prefer them over dogs), have ya'll ever noticed that kneading action they do with their paws when they're getting ready to sleep on your lap, or curl up by your feet? Better than any massage you could possible pay for. I find it totally relaxing. And coupled with that wonderful purr, it's a little bit of heaven on earth. Compare that with the dog, who's usually too darned big to sit on your lap to start with. But even if he could, he'd sit there and start scratching fleas right before emitting noxious fumes from his back side. Thank the gods for cats!

Now there are twenty-one. I don't particularly LIKE dogs, but I can't help but think very nasty things about the people who dump these helpless creatures.

What in the WORLD are we supposed to do with TWENTY-ONE PUPPIES? Seriously.

Geez - I think we at the Trap should start the FolkRockFan Puppy Fund to help him out with his altruistic endeavors :lol: . Speaking as a fellow cat person, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to care for all those puppies. No - I can't even imagine it. They're not exactly low maintenance like kitty-cats. I remember how difficult it was for me trying to raise just ONE puppy. Seems all they do is eat, urinate and deficate. Oh yeah, they like to chew on stuff too, especially hazardous wiring.

What's the status on the puppies now? You might have already thought of this, but are there any fostering groups in your area? Maybe you could spread the "puppy love" (and associated excrement) with like-minded folks. Let us know what happens...

I prefer dogs... I've always dreamed having one but my parents never let me... so two years ago I met a guy that I used to fancy and he absolutely loves dogs so I learned a lot about them and now I'm willing to buy a dog for my birthday.

Edited by JSPICE85 (see edit history)

now I'm willing to buy a dog for my birthday.

That's the spirit, JSPICE85! I can't think of a better birthday gift to yourself than an adoring creature who will love you unconditionally. Might I suggest visiting a local shelter and getting your future doggie there, as opposed to buying one from a breeder or pet store? Pet stores, generally speaking, have dubious reputations, and breeders - well, they're often in it for the money. I figure if you're going to acquire a pet, may as well be from a source that actually cares about animals. At the same time, you're saving an innocent life that might otherwise meet an untimely end. If you're looking for a purebred, your shelter can help you out there as well. I'm not sure where you're located, but the U.S. Humane Society has a wonderful program that allows you to put in a request for a specific breed, sex, or age of dog. When one comes in, they call you. I did that once when I was looking for a British Shorthair cat. Within a few months I received a call and adopted my precious Merlin. There are also rescue groups operated by kind-hearted folks that you might look into as well.

For me it has to be cats and i must say it's nice to see a lot of positive feedback on the feline side of things. Most people i know are dog lovers and most of them can't stand cats at all. I ask them why they dislike cats so much and the fair majority explain it's due to the cats "dirty" and "nasty" nature. If a cat is dirty, it cleans itself and if it needs a trip to the toilet, it's natural instinct to use a litter tray if it is available. Whereas if a dog got dirty it would most likey jump onto the furniture, shake it's fur and spray dirty water everywhere and would pretty much stink for the next week or two.

And how many stories have you heard of cats attacking people? Also a cat would kill a rat, mouse or small bird. Whilst a dog can kill large rodents, poultry, sheep and even young kids.

I'm actually a slightly independant individual myself which might be linked to my liking of the cat rather than the dog. I like it when cats ar fussy and playful in the mornings and how they curl up in your lap if they are tired. And how can you forget that purr? :lol:

Well cats are all slinky in the shadows, all "hiss hiss", not that friendly and not social. Freak me out - they're all like "purr, purr....." UGHHowever dogs are cute and fun and social, nice and friendly, MUCH more affectionate and loveable

I love cats more then dogs. Cats are more independant and you don't have to care for them that much. Only problem with cats is that they are, what I said I loved most, iindependant. They hate other cats who come near to there house. I've had 3 ats in total, 1 died. So I have 2 left now and they hate each other. They would be chasing each other around the house, for no point for as I can see. Dogs on the other hand, are loyal to you. Which is sweet and all, but can be very annoying. You have to take out your dog for walks each day, you have bigger poo to deal with. To much work I think. Also dogs take up lodas of room. All my friends have dogsm I have no clue why.

I definitely am a dog lover. They have been in my life since i can remember even though i have never owned one nor was i able to own one growing up. My mom is allergic to both cats and dogs so we never have had a pet really. However, my Aunt actually trains dogs in agility to compete around the world so i have always been around them when visiting all my family. I think the reason i love dogs sooo much more than cats are because they just are more obedient and always are with you. When i was really young, one of my aunt's dogs let me sleep on him as if he was my pillow for hours at a time and he didnt move at all. It was this companionship that really makes me love them. Since when would a cat let you sleep on it or even let you pet it for more than just a few minutes? never. They are too independent for me i guess.

I really love animals. My preference is dog more than i cat. But it depends on personal interest. From my early childhood i was familiar with dog. Right now i have a dog name called Frank. He is so cute and intelligent. He is now 5 years old. But i am so unhappy that the dog doesn't have more life time. More than cat i love dog