xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dell970

Which Is The Best Browser, That Downloads Stuff Fast And Surfs Fast?

Have you tried Opera 9 yet? It is quick and lighter than either of those two. Standards compliant as well, so pages display exactly as per the Specifications, rather than how the author thinks. All Browsers have "quirks", so it might take a few days to get comfortable with a new one. Try it for a week and see how you like it.

Apparently there was a study, and there's an older thread here, that pretty much concluded that Opera is one of the fastest browsers out there. So, what JL said. :P

I would suggest you you to use Opera 9 too, I use Firefox and Opera and I like but if you hate Firefox than you can always give Opera a try, the browser is good and standards compliant as well, fast, but not if you are using your cell phone as a modem, then it's certainly not as fast as Firefox. :P

If you hate those two, Opera is not the only but the other reliable option. I use Firefox and I find it quicker than Explorer but in these things each one tells the story like he sees it.

Yea just like the people above me have said, Try using opera. I would say use Firefox cause I use it personnaly and love it but if you dont like firefox for whatever reason Opera is your best bet. Its got a good download manager that comes with it and surfs pretty fast, Although I think Firefox beats Opera in that category.

Actually, these newly updated firefox and ie7 browsers are built to be efficient,secure and stylish and they are.But,they lack some basic UI as well as for some strange resons they reduce the perfomance. Slower page loading or improper rendering,etc... however,considering the use and speed it has to be Mozila FireFox.

I think FireFox or opera works pretty better then IE on download side, but the whole thing is based on ur internet connection too, i mean if you r on a dialup then ur download speed would suck no matter what browser u use! but if ur on a 10mbit any browser would be nice for downloading stuff :P Im on a 2Mbit and I still feel it's slow, its never enough, you keep wanting more and more!! :(

I recommand you to use Opera, It's realy fast in surfing and downloading too , 'The fastest browser on earth' that's what they said :P realy it's file transfer is the fastest between the other browsers.. try it

I also recommend you use Opera 9. I personally use Firefox and am satisfied with it, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone. Download speed isn't exactly affected by browser, but response time from websites can be. If you are having problems with speed from any of your other browsers, clear your cache and history once in a while, it usually helps a bit. I highly discourage the use of Internet Explorer, no matter what good and bad things you have heard about it. Hope this helps.Browser sites:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ [FIREFOX 2]http://www.opera.com/ [OPERA 9]

Well, Opera is fast. There have been many tests conducted that I have failed to bookmark that show that Opera is one of the fastest browsers. You say you hate Firefox?It looks like you need some extensions or themes. Opera is built for advanced users right out of the box.Firefox is built for simple folk, but you can make it more powerful with extensions, and make it lookbetter with themes.Personally, I use Firefox. Partly because I heard of Firefox before I heard of Opera, and because of the extensions.The extensions are what make Firefox. I understand that Opera 9 has widgets, but those are more for "fun".Firefox's extensions are more for functionality. To sum it all up:Opera is fast and for advanced users right out of the boxFirefox for simple folk but extensions can make it extremely powerful.Opera is the fastest, but you should give Firefox a second chance, your feelings mayturn around after you get an extension or two.