xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CinnamorollTK

Windows Vista And Its Problems Seems like a down-grade to me.

Yeah their were quite a few sites talking about the the software problems they were having, I remember downloading that program someone posted on here saying if your computer was equipped to handle vista and then they would list all the problems with your drivers, printers, software and all that good stuff. Norton 2006 was having problems with it running properly. Think about this it's one way for Microsoft to make money, you have to buy their games and products and no one else's. But with most online games their will be patches and what not so people will have to wait it out.ME being the best OS in Microsoft?? Heck it make the stock market crash look good it was so bad, I ran that OS at one time, though I didn't have many problems with it since I didn't do much with it.Of course think about this you don't have to worry about sinking millions of dollars into make your software compatible with vista. Although, some companies got a head start with the beta versions and what not. Of course I was hoping to wait out getting vista, but since I have to build a computer for my next class I might as well get it over with and suffer with everyone else about vista.

I'm using vista for 20ish days now.. I really like the os. i found two problems by now1. UDF support is not good now. It means you can't run images larger than 2Gb's on virtual drive (Power ISO)2. Video recording software like CAM Studio isn't working right. I had to install Auto Screen Recorder which records video, but has no option to record audio at the same time like Cam Studio has so i needed to record audio with another program at the same time. But now i need to combine those two with vobdub and that is just double job for nothing.Vista looks stable and good OS, and i generaly like it. But those baby bugs are annoying so i guess for a while i'm doing a downgrade to XP couse i need that video's working for my biz i'm planning. Also those annoying popups like windows defender are unexplainable to me. I even stoped the service and now when i log on OS shows some error message. I just don't have time to tweak it for now.my ratingsxp 9/10bsd 8/10 (free BSD)vista 7/10linux 6/10 (rating is low couse of those annoying number of distros, which is supposed to be a good thing. i just don't like it)

Vista is a RAM sucker.My pal says even with 1.5 GB RAM.It slows down his performance by a lot,the system alone consumes a bout 300 MB,not recommended for us 512 MB RAM users :unsure:. And as if that wasnt enough,drivers for Vista are very hard to come by and connection to the internet is a pain.The games are decent but i think i prefer good old solitaire.If you are stuck with a pirated version of vista,cracking is a PAIN and if improperly done,can screw up your data...stick to good old XP is my advice

Vista is definitely trash without a doubt. It's riddled with flaws I mean the product activation was cracked so quickly and it was all Microsoft's fault. I definitely agree with the people who say vista isn't anything exciting to me it just seems like eye candy more than a new operating system.

The cheapest Vista, with tax, is $391 on a new computer at Best Buy where I live. It comes with the speakers, keyboard, and mouse so you can use your own old monitor (or buy a used one at Goodwill like I did for $8.95).

That's IF you get it from the wrong place. I can find one for less then 100 bucks. Yes, premium edition. No, not the upgrade. As for the bugs, ofcourse! It's 3 weeks old! Give it a break. nothing is perfect when it first comes out. WinMe and XP both come with WinZip....I don't understnad why you say it doesn't.
If you don't like Vista, WAIT

Vista is a RAM sucker.My pal says even with 1.5 GB RAM.It slows down his performance by a lot,the system alone consumes a bout 300 MB,not recommended for us 512 MB RAM users :unsure:. And as if that wasnt enough,drivers for Vista are very hard to come by and connection to the internet is a pain.The games are decent but i think i prefer good old solitaire.If you are stuck with a pirated version of vista,cracking is a PAIN and if improperly done,can screw up your data...stick to good old XP is my advice

What I found funny about that was my parents dell computer which is 512MB of course, can handle vista premium, which I was in complete shock when I saw it. Even 1.5 Gigs of ram is still slow, most likely once you start turning stuff off it won't be such a problem, but of course I plan to drop 2 gigs on a desktop to run vista smoothly. Especially with all the resource hogging programs I got on my computer I would need at least 2 gigs; now if I had the cash I might drop in 4 gigs of ram, but I might go with 2.5 if possible I have to ask in my pc hardware course in a few weeks.

Vista is definitely trash without a doubt. It's riddled with flaws I mean the product activation was cracked so quickly and it was all Microsoft's fault. I definitely agree with the people who say vista isn't anything exciting to me it just seems like eye candy more than a new operating system.

Well I think the reason it got cracked is that people who got the beta OS through the MSDN accounts had it loaded it up on torrent sites, so hackers, crackers, phreakers and phrackers had there sweet time in working out the details to see what they could fine. Or they were doing these activities themselves and see what they can do. Of course I find it funny that no one has called Vista another ME, because of how bad ME was. Of course word has it, MS is already working on the new OS and it's supposed to be in beta in like 2009-2010 or something like that, so it could be interesting that vista could be like ME just prettier.

I just wish MS had released a SP3 or some kind of upgrade instead of Vista. and as if this was not enough, theres no Direct X 10 version for Windows XP. I've been waiting for so long to play some games with DX10 but when i got this news I decided to let it rest. Even though all of my hardware supports Vista 100% I will stick with XP untill the support for XP is removed like they did with 98 :PI wish Microsoft ppl had more brains ^_^