xisto Community
SamiFX

Vista Ultimate Or Vista Business

Hello;

I'm a deseigner, gamer and programmer, I use many programes like Adobe premier, Macromedia Studio, .Net Studio, Borland softwares, ... and I want to know which Vista is the best for me.

I have read many articles about Windows Vista and I found that Vista Ultimate and Vista Business are better than the other editions, but I still confused about what to buy Vista Ultimate or Vista Business? :P

In really both versions would work fine for you. The Ultimate version just has a few new tools of compatibility with special hardware and features that the other Business version doesnt has, but a common user wont need any of those features.If you dont want to lose any of the new stuff Vista has, go for the Ultimate Edition, but those few features dont worth the difference of money between the other Editions of the product.I also would suggest the Home Premium edition. Is like the best for me. It come with the Windows Aero interface, definitely the most atractive characteristic in Vista. Im not sure if the Business edition comes with it, i was sure it didnt have it but in the link delivi put says that it has it too :DI personally think that Business version is just for people that only need their PC for run their... huh... business :P so in my opinion, is not better than Home Premium.Hope this helps you and good luck.

Edited by MIGUE2k7 (see edit history)

For anything you do, either Business or Ultimate versions will work for you. Ultimate has a few extra features that it only has and business does not. However, they both have the Aero interface. The business version is not just for people who want their pc to run business software since most businesses use it for more than just word and etc. It is meant for anything and everything a business will need and that is why a bunch of those extra features like games are not included in it.

I would say don't take Ultimate unless you need the advanced features of Vista which you will surely not use often(there are of course the protection against hardware failure which you will only get on Business other than Ultimate). Don't take Basic Vista as it is useless. Then it stands between Premium and Business and that choice you have to take by looking at features of both packs.
This page might help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

As you see there are some features that Premium supports and Business doesn't(Media Center...) and some that Business supports, but Premium doesn't.

Good Luck in choosing your new operating system!

Ok here I go. I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate and here is my review of the OS.It runs most of the Win XP softwares that I have always installed in Win XPTried to install Adobe Premiere Pro v2.0 and it will always end prematurely, telling me that the program installation has been prematurely ended by what I just dont know.Some things work faster in XP while some work faster in Vista. For instance, Win XP makes fonts installation a big deal as it makes my processor (Intel ® Pentium 4 630 HT running at 3.40 GHz w/2MB OnDie Cache) run quite high for some reason which I just cant figure out. On Vista though, that never happened as the processor was relaxing during the fonts installation and processor utilization never crosed 15%.One thing I am sure about Win Vista Ultimate is this "YOU WILL NEED ONE HELL OF A SUPER COMPUTER TO ENJOY THE OS. If you dont have a very rugged performance processor with a 1GB (minimum) of RAM (Dual Channel recommended). I dont think you are gonna get the red cheeks outa the OS.

I think Vista Ultimate should be fine for ya as it has everything you can ever get in the Windows Vista Operating system. You should also remember that Windows Vista Ultimate has the highest system requirements amongs all of 'em.