xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Fantastico Upgrade Requested

Hi admin some of the packages in the Fantastico like WordPress have newer versions, so please update them so that we can install the newer versions. WordPress in Fantastico is 2.0 but the latest version is 2.1 (Ella)

I am just guessing here, but the updates probably need to come from the cPanel folks. I don't know if Opaque has the capabilities to modify the include versions. I may be wrong about that, though. One alternative is to upload the newest version of softwares and perform a hand-install the old-fashioned way. :P

Dear delivi i think CPanel co must manage scripts in Fantastico and setup a script in a Fantastico , and its not admin job , because Fantastico is pack of cpanel and when cpanel goes to update Fantastico was update .

Trap17 does have cPanel X.. By cPanel X I suppose you mean cPanel 10? I'm sure we have it..

Trap17 has the latest released stable version of cPanel. By older if you mean the "skin" the current cPanel them skin is purchased theme to bring all levels of cPanel users to effectively utilize all resources.

Just because it does not resemble the "tech" looks it does not mean it's an older version.

Current information:

cPanel version 10.9.0-RELEASE-118 cPanel Pro Version 1.0 (RC36)

This is found on the server information side of your cPanel (bottom left). What you don't understand is that cPanel and WHM need to be purchased for Xisto free web hosting accounts. Without WHM your cPanel is useless since WHM controls your individual accounts. So just upgrading cPanel, as you might think, involves more process than you would know. The upgrades are performed when server admins finds them deemed to fit.

Fantastico is the 3rd party vendor that is attached with cPanel. Thus Xisto or cPanel has control over what versions of preinstalled scripts are available. That's why upgrading scripts, such as WordPress, is perfomed as easily as possible by WordPress builders.

Xisto has the latest released stable version of cPanel. By older if you mean the "skin" the current cPanel them skin is purchased theme to bring all levels of cPanel users to effectively utilize all resources.
Just because it does not resemble the "tech" looks it does not mean it's an older version.

Current information:

This is found on the server information side of your cPanel (bottom left). What you don't understand is that cPanel and WHM need to be purchased for Xisto free web hosting accounts. Without WHM your cPanel is useless since WHM controls your individual accounts. So just upgrading cPanel, as you might think, involves more process than you would know. The upgrades are performed when server admins finds them deemed to fit.

Fantastico is the 3rd party vendor that is attached with cPanel. Thus Xisto or cPanel has control over what versions of preinstalled scripts are available. That's why upgrading scripts, such as WordPress, is perfomed as easily as possible by WordPress builders.

Thanks for clarifying that!

I don't mind much as I code html more than I use scripts.

For WordPress, you can install 2.0 using Fantastico and if you want to upgrade, you can just download the latest version (2.1.2) and then overwrite them, it is the same thing really, as upgrading using CPanel. It may be a little of work, but ever since I set up my blog, I have been just overwriting the files to my current directory and it automaticcaly upgrades.