xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Ratings? Who uses them?

I have been looking around and searching and have not found any topic like this. ( Sorry if there is one that is similar to this )Does anyone even use that rating thing? The stars I guess is what I am trying to say. I look at some topics and rarely any of them are rated.I have seen maybe two or like three. Same thing with the ratings on profiles. Only the well known people are rated.I really do not know where I am going with this, well I guess I am trying to say is do we really need the ratings? OR maybe just some people should rate more.Tell me what you think!( I think they are kinda pointless :P )

Thanks for the reminder.And I have given a rating to this topic. Any topic which promotes good posting is worth a good rating. Or a topic which gets the members thinking and posting good posts should also receive a higher ranking. I don't think the ranking should be based on popularity. Effectively building this forun into a "better place" merits the higher ranks, in my opinion.Any other ideas about what deserves high rankings? I would love to hear them.

It is hard to explain I just wished that people would give things ratings more. ( I think it is hardly ever used )

I usually don't rate posts and rarely rate people. I never look for posts with a 5-star rating because sometimes people just rate is 5 stars because it's "fun". I only look at topics based on their title, so I don't bother with the rating system. But thanks for adding it admins. :P

Edited by husker (see edit history)