xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Gmail Available For Public No more Invites

Google has made the GMail available for public in a few countries like US and United Kingdom.So no more Gmail Invites or Mobile registrations.Soon before the GMail birthday on April 1st, Gmail will be made public for all nations. This is not fake I've read in several blogs about it.

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

I don't see anything on google about it? Would you mind posting links? Maybe the blog lied? You can't always be 100% sure on your sources unless they come from the company itself.

Delivi said that

Soon before the GMail birthday on April 1st, Gmail will be made public for all nations. This is not fake I've read in several blogs about it.

But I do not see anything about google in any site. Can you please posting me the link of any one blogs about that, so that I can get to know that yes GMail do that new thing from April 1st.

I've successfully signed up for GmailGooglemail without an invite. You can too:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-20d2e2128cbb9e31442cc3faa5aea4-ddfe929622e661e9ebbab2092a916835e25cd11d

I tested this from England so it will definitely work from the United States. As for the rest of the world I don't know.

It's not working for all the countries yet! I can certainly say about India at least. I guess Google is coming out with free sign up only in those countries where they speculate that not many people will run towards the sign ups, so that they can easily take care of the load which they'll be getting after they open the registration!

Woah... When did they announce this? There is a big sign up "Sign up for Google Mail" below the login for me. I have had Gmail for well over a year now, probably over 2 years. But I have one question, with lots of new users signing up... Will the space what each person have drop? I thought it will, as it will be split and divided by each user, won't it?

I also figured out this yesterday. I tried registering but i didnt completed my registration because i already have Gmail. I dont know if this will bring more people to GMail because there is already huge number of people using it.

Is there something especial about this? I mean, your account is the same and people who want one could have get one million invites just asking for them to friends, forums, etc.I have tried that link and it seems that I can sign up this way also from Spain. I?m not going to make an account because I don?t want another but I don?t think it will appear an error at the end, considering that the form is in spanish...

Will the space what each person have drop? I thought it will, as it will be split and divided by each user, won't it?

I doubt that. I reckon the vast majority of people who wanted a Gmail account have already got one via the invite spooler or off friends. I'm sure spending a few more million quid on space isn't that great a concern for a multi-billionaire industry.

I think the google guys might have made public registrations for testing, because most of the claims came from England, Ireland and US only. So only selected countries were allowed.Now again one blog reports that google has removed this offering.Hope that GMail will be made public on its birthday, 1st April 2007.

I can still access the sign-up page:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-20d2e2128cbb9e31442cc3faa5aea4-ddfe929622e661e9ebbab2092a916835e25cd11d

I've just found this extract from Wikipedia:

Gmail, known as Google Mail in Germany and the United Kingdom, is a free Webmail and POP3 e-mail service provided by Google. It was released on April 1, 2004 as a by-invitation beta, and was opened to public use on February 8, 2007 across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Brazil, Australia, Russia and Japan. It is still invitation only in other areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmail

here are the few sources that listed GMail available for public.

At present GMail available only for Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Brazil, Australia, Russia and Japan.

The GMail Help screenshot in one of the above links is a cached image, Google has removed that page now.