xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

I've Got An Invention For You Trap17

I've always thought of this particular invention, although impossible to make, but the bottomless drink topic inspired me to post this. What if I created a solid made up of pure energy, and have the energy somehow cancel out all of the friction, and make it work the other way: Anti-Friction. If you were to put an object on this solid and push it, it would start traveling faster and faster until it reached the end of the solid, or it collided with something. Imagine the uses! Power plants just have a humongous wheel constantly spinning on this "anti-friction" generating electricity. Then again, if humans can figure out how to create the everlasting energy required for creating this invention, you really wouldn't even need that.Anyway what are your thoughts?

Sounds a wee bit similar to the N machine. I'm not sure if you folks are hip enough to remember this, but there was a big scandal ages ago about a guy who claimed he found the source to 'free energy' called the N Machine. Basically it violated Newton's laws by creating more energy than it used via motion through and energy field utilizing something called "N Space". It somehow moved between different potentials without requiring energy for the motion and the end result was energy creation by an moving object requiring no energy to keep it moving. There was ONE reported working model (cold fusion, anyone?) and then the inventor was allegedly silenced by the government and disappeared until he was rediscovered by some AM radio host. This generated lots of buzz for said radio host and a book was published and whatnot, but nothing ever came of it.See...even if it WAS real, you'd need to create a machine essentially the size of the MOON to create the kind of energy to meet even the most modest demands in the most remote areas of the Earth. Yes, sadly, these ideas are great...but the execution inevitably runs into silly little physical laws that prevent you from achieving your goals. Free energy utilizing objects in motion is impossible...so let's not try. Now...creating a TINY little Sun here on earth and utilizing THAT for free energy...that I think we can do. Let's work towards that. ;)

Will they ever find the perfect energy source? I mean with all the pollution and stuff. We do need alternative energy source.And quick.

Haha, I like your invention idea. Two things in the way though...2nd Law of Thermodynamics - entropy tends to increase - reducing friction lowers the entropy in the area.Energy creating matter - yup. A phenomenon known in theory as Hawking radiation. With all that energy around,some of it would just transform into matter, making more friction. ;) And you can't have a solid made out of pure energy can you? E = mc?. Being literal, all objects are made of pure energy.Physics rants aside, I think that it might be a bit too powerful. I mean infinite energy is awesome and all, but it sounds likesome sort of nuke-gun if you could channel it.

Hey... wait... didn't I write the bottomless drink topic! That's is awesome I inspired someone or people to write topics. I will put more ideas in here if people start thinking and sharing ideas like this! So, what if it isn't possible at the moment, but do you really think that Christopher Columbus ever thought we would land on the moon?Anyways, to the actual topic. Why would you need energy? Maybe i am wrong, but isnt there energy in space? Isn't there someway to channel the physics of space here on Earth?

Damn it people! Why does every good idea get stomped on by physics or that fact that it 'kills the environment' or even a few people. Damn it some people deserve to die! So what if my nuclear reactor that I have in my back garden could blow up and kill like half the planet, damn it I don't want to be for national grid energy! Take something as modest as the family car, run someone over and it's a murder weapon!No seriously though, there is a point to my post. The guy who mentioned channeling it to a 'nuke-gun', this thing hasn't even been invented yet and we are already using it to kill people! (Theoretically at least). Why does everything that humanity create end up just hurting others? Is that going to be the end of the world? When we aventually create something really truely amazing that it just ends up killing us?

i think that would be possable correct me if i am wrong but the stuff in nutron stars if you have a table spoon that waghts a bout a ton and if you culd get some of that and commpressed it more it would be hard pure energy and culd be put in to a circal to; make the power plant

Well I don't see the point to talk about something which will never be possible because if it is It will be called COLD FUSION and this thing might be possible but what are you suggesting is just not. As you are in violation of several laws of physics and perpetuum mobile in such way is just not sustainable. It would be better if all of you talked how to make COLD FUSION and not this as it is not currently and it will not be possible. Well It may be but then we would have to rewrite our physics knowledge.

Nice one though impossible. Yeah it would require limitless energy to make.. But cancelling all the friction???????? That would require something else.

I don't really understand your post and don't get it really actually to what is it related?

If you are considering cold fusion from my previous post then you must understand that thing might just be possible it i sonly problem that no one sees solution for it right now it is alchemist problem of XXI century. And I watched once show I repeat show where they explained actually said that formula for cold fusion might be so simple that it will be once discovered by student of applied physics. It is just the problem that biggest minds are considering it to be hard to found and they are that way thinking in the wrong direction. And canceling friction is not that hard but the energy machine would produce would have to be used for friction cancelling and probably aside from that some energy would have to be transfered from somewhere else as this wouldn't be possible to maintain.