xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sylenzednuke

Wallpaper I Made! My first try

Well, this is the first time I ever created a wallpaper and I guess it has come out to be pretty good. It's based on the song Jesus Of Suburbia by Green Day.

I took the screenshots of the video and then resized them randomly, arranged them according to their appearance in the video or rather the storyline on which this song is based and then tilted them, some brushing and then the lyrics of the first part of the song.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Please rate it on a scale of 10. ;) But also take into consideration that this was the first time I made a wallpaper so please be a little lenient in your criticism. ;)

It looks very good for a first wallpaper. The only major suggestion i have for you is to blur the edges of the photographs and such so that they do not look so blocky and are blended together much more. Other than that i think it looks very good.

i'd give it a 9/10. ;) i'd rather you have maintained an all-black background when you tilted your images, instead of having red in some corners jutting out. and yes to ffanatics comment too on blending the images more by some minor blurring here and there.

i give it a 9/10 too ;)Its a nice wallpaper, I liked so much the combination of colors you used for the background, as well as the black faded border you used as a marque for the photos outside.I think that the text ''Jesus of Suburbia'' should be more noticeable, cause is the tittle of your wallpaper (well thats what i think)And like fffanatics said, you should blur a little the border of your screenshots so it would look blended.Keep posting your work ;)

Thanks all of you so much! Actually if you notice carefully, instead of blurring the images, I erased some parts of it so that it looks as if, they paper on which the photos are is quite old and a little bit torn off and kinda blends in with the red outside.And the red maybe jutting out at the corners but it's actually a gradient and that shade of red (#870404) is my favourite. ;)I will take into consideration all of your suggestions next time I create a wallpaper, thanks all of you!@ fffanatics;Can you please rate the wallpaper? ;)

Wow... That is really good, especially for a first wallpaper! Nice job. The colours really seem do do something for me.... like the red and the black - they work well together, particularly the shade of red you've used. Like the others... I'm trying to think of what might work okay for the images, and what I think I might have tried (which you may have and maybe it didn't look right lol...) would be a tiny tiny tiny drop shadow on the images, so that it looks like they are lying on top of one another. But I do like how you have them all "blocky" for lack of a better word, cause it gives a nice feel to them.Also, I really like the drop shadow that is around the right side of the image, but to me the one on the left side and top, just doesn't seem to make the lighting of the picture correct, but it's not a big thing for me....Anyway, great job! And I can't wait to see some more from you!

9.5/10I really like your wallpaper and now its my background.This is great work for your first wallpaper ever. I dont like that red color in left down angle. It s strange in some weird way. Maybe try making it more darker. But great work!

I give it a 10/10 becuase I think it's fine the way it is. I like how the images look like photos, which is why I think the edges are fine the they way are.You did awesome as a first-timer! ^.^

Edited by lekrissy (see edit history)

9.999999999999999/10!!!!seriously great effort. (thats not including the fact it was your first background!)the extra 0.0000000000001 would go if you made the edges of each picture slightly less sharp, but thats nitpicking.From here on out I ban nitpicking in this thread! anyone who does so shall be subjected to pounding with hard rotten fruit in a small cell.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)