xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Help Transfer Files Between Two Hosts.

I'm planning to move my exisitng website in another host to my trap7 hosting account, and also keep a backup of my Xisto website iin another free webspace.All my accounts have ftp access and they are real hosting accounts, is there any way I can transfer the files from one of my account to another without downloading them to my computer, as I've a very slow connection. So I cannot imagine of downloading and then uploading. Plaese provide me any scripts or service or any method using which I can transfer my files from one host to another.

You sure can.Access your cPanel and go to Site Management Tools/ Backup. Click on "Generate/Download a Full Backup" and just enter your another server's FTP information. Once the backup of your selected directory is complete Xisto's cPanel will upload to your designated FTP account automatically.Ain't this cPanel feature cool?

dear delivi Backup system in cpanel Allow you to move backup file to an other hosting, its really nice option , Xisto - Support last version of cpanel and you can move your backup file to an other hostingyou must write details of your new hosting in backup system like Ftp access for example :ftp address : ftp.yoursite.com and ftp username and password and patch to transfer,

Database information is backed up already in compressed mode. This means you can download a single file and upload to your destination using your FTP software OR another hosting cPanel and do a DB restore.

Download a SQL DB Backup (Note: Do not try to open this file in winzip.)

Currently I do not know of cPanel able to send just the DB backup via FTP.

SQL backups are REALLY quick. They're about 2kb sized files(depending on the info you have in them, forums take longer). So if you only need SQL you can just use the SQL backup tool that cPanel has. It'll download the SQL DB's to your desktop.