xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Replying To Spam Topics Will Have Adverse Effect On Hosting Credits fair and final warning given

This is the final announcement regarding spam post and reply to spam.All spam post should be replied to moderators by using REPORT feature. However, please do not point out the spam post by replying to the spam post itself. This makes it harder to control the spam post and spamming member.Spam posts already exisiting shall be deleted by ADMINS and if you replied to deleted posts your hosting credit will be subtracted accordingly. This is nothing new--it's been mentioned and requested that all spam topics to be reported rather than replying to the spam post.Prepare to work on your hosting credits if any hosting member replied to spam!!Moderators who are uncertain of deleting the spam topic, please move it to STTBA section. Further discussion regarding the management of spam topics please make it so under the Staff section.Thank you everyone for making Xisto spam free!

So I lost about 13 credits without paying attention to spam? That doesn't sound right :/

I was wondering what happened... yesterday my account was active (although I'm sure I only had a few hosting credits left). Today when I visited the forum I had -16 and something... I was scared at first because I didn't know what happened...

That doesn't sound right :/

Well I agree with you... It's not my fault I replied to a topic that someone considers spam. I hope you'll rethink this measure because it will create havoc...

One way or another... YOU'RE STILL THE BEST Xisto!

A happy (2 year old) member,
Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

Replying to a spam topic, stating the topic is "Spam" is grounds for a warning. To prevent things like this we ecourage members to use the report button when you find a spam topic, and not reply to it...As for your credits, I'm not sure where they disappeared to, I don't believe there's been a topic deleted that someone posted in.

I think it is 100% right that you should use the report feature instead of replying.1. this brings your post count up and also it gives you credits.2. People want to show off sometimes, thinking they are good saying "Omg, you posted in the wrong section!"Nevertheless, agree with all this.

I have so far deleted only those topics with ZERO replies--meaning only the spam topics have been deleted, no other member's posts. And this dates only from 2004-early 2005.So finding your hosting credits affected is highly unlikely at the moment. Are you sure you lost that much, you two?