xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

2057 hmmm?

Well.. there is this show coming out on the discovery channel called "2057" and it is supposed to depict what life will be like in this year. As many "older" people in my family have told me... "We did the same thing back in my day, they said we were going to be flying cars and living in space but were not...", So we "all" might not be flying around in flying cars and things like that... but the possibility of everything being solar powered... that is a very reasonable assumption. In the commercial they also say things about tissue regeneration. Well, one of the things we have an advantage of over our grandparents and parents is back in their day... they had a long way to go before they got to that point... Our technology is already advanced unbelievably since then and there is virtually no place else for it to go except to the extremes... I'll be 67 years old (if i live that long) in the year 2007, and i know i might not be joyriding in the flying cars then but i would benefit from the tissue regeneration as i would probably need like 10 replaced hearts >.<... any ways i think it would be neat for all this to actually happen... how about you? Do you have any ideas of what life might be like in the year "2057"?

It's impossible to know what the future will hold. Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I don't think we will see flying cars, robots that do everything, or a time machine. I think our technology will slowly grow better and produce things we would not think of. For example, the heat-ray gun. I would have never guessed that America would come up with a military weapon like this. Another invention no one would have guessed 60 years ago was a computer. It would have been like a foreign language to them if they heard the word computer. So the best way to find out what will be in 2057 is to live in 2057, and hopefully I will live to be 65. Very interesting idea, I might have to watch the show and see what they have.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

but I don't like we will see flying cars,

I recently saw a prototype of a flying car, it resembles excatly what we see in Sci-fi movies, the fure has many more surprises to us, all our sci-fi movies will become real. The Technology present now is entirely different from what existed a 50 years back, and will not be same in 50 years from now.

I agree the technology wont be the same 50 years from now, but I doubt that it will be so different from now..I mean I don't think there will be flying cars or time machines and such stuff, those things belongs to the science fiction movies and they will stay the same..I'm not really that old, but can you remember what people back in the late 1980's were saying about the year 2000 ?? Well.. they used to say the same stuff we say about the year 2050 - 2057 now, but nothing from what they thought would be happening actually happened. 50 years from now is a long time, many things might change... and actually no one can predict what will be going on by then. They are developing a lot of high technology military weapons and yet they still talking about peace.. Heh.. I just hope the world wont be destroyed by that time. Anyways, that will be an interesting show to watch.

I think that by then, flying cars can be a possibility, because the amount of population is going to be a lot and the streets wont be good enough for the amount of traffic there will be by then. It sounds like its going to be a really interesting program, I wonder what kind of music will be heard by then (I know music from right now would still be heard, and called classics or oldies, but what I meant was what would the new music at those times be.), and the clothing.

We all know that technology is going to change but we dont know will people be different. Will there still be wars, hunger, crime? And about music, do you believe that they ll still listen to music? I hope i ll be alive to see where the world is going because right now world is pretty *BLEEP**y place to live.

Nah... Before that, a meteor carrying Tiberium will crash on earth, giving Tiberium an opportunity to infest on Earth's soil. So by 2047, Tiberium infestation level will reach so critical that force GDI to divide Earth's continents to 3 different zones, depending on Tiberium infestation level and the amount of war is going on.

We'll time machines are a bit over the top to think about... but a difference between years ago and years to come is that they were saying "i wonder if we will have flying cars" when they didn't really have the technology to make planes as small as we have now... but now were saying "were working on making flying cars" ... believe it or not there are flying cars already but they are not common place... they are for the rich and wealthy... but Nero does have a good point... i might not be around then... but who knows if the world will be around then... we could go to nuclear war and just blow the planet to dust... so who knows what will happen... the only thing the show can tell us is where were headed... not necessarily what will happen and it isn't completely nonsense... they are working on making it all possible... and eventually it all WILL be possible it just depends on if it is by 2057 or not

I remember my mom telling me once abouthow life would be in 2000 when she was in high school in the late 1960s. They thought it would be like the Jetsons and we'd be driving in midair and live in huge houses with glass covering them kinda like biospheres. It all sounded crazy back then and they beleived it.

Perhaps we do have many kinds of technology mentioned in science fiction films. The problem is the governments of the world wont release that information to us. Maybe when its profitable, they will sell these items to us.

I would consider that we can visualize our future better then they did some 60 years ago but they did hit some things. Like computer it was actually expected and 1940's can be used as a reference to the computer beginning. For 2057 I would suggest that we would be more advanced a lot more advanced then today. However there is thing to consider and that is if we don't destroy ourselves before. in the process. I assume the biggest advantage will make computer industry that is hardware and internet as global communication system. Then war industry as we will struggle to protect ourselves. From our fears of terrorism then riots and so on. We would maybe and probably introduce new ways of the identification like some sort of chips which will be placed in the skin. Then we would probably start leaving earth at that point as china has plans to start harvesting moons surface for the minerals and ores in some 30 years time. There would probably be large and maybe several space stations in fact space will become new business of the XXI century. Space travel will increase as the prices are going down. Companies will start working on new ways to entertain guests in the space we would have real market. With Russia as a monopoly country and organization. We may see bases on the moon and rapid increase in space technology. Also we will reach Mars and establish base there once when space becomes feasible to explore and use.

We can only predict what the future might be but not exactly how it will be. Like we can only say there will be more intelligent computers and home consumer electronics, thinner tv screens more efficient and green electronics and cars. yeah some of them may be flying too. But we can't exactly predict how they will look , or how they work or when they will happen. Yeah also, world would be a much dangerous place to live in.

We can only predict what the future might be but not exactly how it will be. Like we can only say there will be more intelligent computers and home consumer electronics, thinner tv screens more efficient and green electronics and cars. yeah some of them may be flying too. But we can't exactly predict how they will look , or how they work or when they will happen. Yeah also, world would be a much dangerous place to live in.

I wouldn't agree completely about you on this. As we can predict to certain extent how some things will develop many large international corporations are considering this option and they are slowly putting on market certain things. Because everything goes hand in hand. We could program high tech operating system but it is not market feasible if we don't have computer to run it on. So all such things have to be considered. And large corporations shaping the look of future are considering this things and they are slowly satifying the market which in fact and in return provides them with larger profit.