xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IURI

Buy Ipod

I would NOT buy an iPOD. Because the software you get with the iPOD is NOT user friendly. My sister she got one after 5 months all buttons didnt work suddenly, they got blocked or something like that. Now she use's it as an USB storage device.

I think it all really depends on what you're going to need in an MP3 player. I just got my 4GB red iPod a few months ago, and I'm pretty satisfied with it, although at the beginning putting on music was a real pain. They didn't include any real in-depth info on how to upload my music, only that I had to have iTunes and I could choose to sync all my music on it, but I only wanted to put on the songs of bands I currently liked; not the old ones from months ago. Once I figured it all out it was good though.All I can really say to you is that the shuffle is good for if you don't really care all that much about selection. The nano is like a normal MP3 player, except with more fun add-ons (games, photos, notes, etc.) and can hold a lot of music. If you're interested in videos then consider a 30/80GB iPod video, pretty much like a nano I suppose but with the ability to play movies and stuff, although a bit chunkier than a nano, so don't expect to put it in your pocket.

i would recommend an 4gb or 8gb to an average music listener. But if you would be interested in watching videos and listen to a lot of music then i would defeintly say at least a 30gb if not 80 gb.

Eh I wouldn't say that you have to buy iPod I would say instead buy some good mp3 player. They are really better today then few years back.Let's see why mp3's are better then iPod:1. They are cheaper then iPod's 2. You don't need any additional software to connect them to the computer and transfer files to it.3. If you like to do this with software then you can do it with any free software which is nicely done like winamp or even Windows media player. here is even addon for the firefox and thunderbird4. They can play wider varaity of filesI cannot remember any more reasons but here are few which are the same as iPod:1. There are mp3's who look the same as ipod and even better and more stylish2. They can produce the same or better sound quality it depends now days more on the headphones you are using then on the player itself3. They are usually more robust in their design4. There are those equal to the iPod memory sizeOK here is only one advantage of the ipod to the mp3 player and this is only one I can remember it is that they have wide varaity of extensions.

I own an ipod for a couple of years now. It's one of those sixth generation ones that doesn't have video but it works for me. I just need music and some space for storage. I like the IPOD because its a music player, image storage, and anything else storage. Its like my huge mini usb drive. haha. Its has its problems sometimes. I have had to bang it a couple of times and be really abusive. Its working now thank goodness. One thing i do recommend is buying insurance for the thing because your bound to drop it and scratch it or somethings going to happen to it.

hey dude i would say if you want to buy an Ipod (depending on how big your hands are no offense) I say get an ipod nano but if your hands are bigger maybe a ipod video or ipod mini because my brother snapped his ipod nano because he has big hands or get what ever is the cheapest or search ebay or something

i would defently go for the nano...my friends have the video one which is 30GB and i just dont like it...too big nano is the best because you can store the money and alot of it and u can even put it in the mini pocket of your jeans well they wouldnt fit on my jeans due to the fact that i wear xtra tight jeans...lol no im not gay..

Edited by musicfreak (see edit history)

I remember when ipods were popular, I went for the iRiver 40 gb. It had great reviews, and I've used it ever since. It's fantastic, and while its not as flashy as the ipod it's much easier to connect via USB. It made a great portable external hard drive as well.

i would recommend the ipod but it all depends on the situation you need it for. my friend decided to buy an ipod shuffle out of all them which is the worst one becausse he skateboards and its small. i would recommend the ipod nanno 2-4 gb if you'r looking for a dence cheap ipod. if you want the best of the best you could always get the ipod video with about 80 gb holding up to 20k songs. zunes are cool i'v never had one so i can recommend it.

I am an anti-Apple person for no reason whatsoever, so don't be surprised when I say...Get a Creative Zen. :XD: If you're willing to throw down the cash for it, one of your best bets would be to snag a Creative Zen Vision: M 60GB. I guarantee that you won't need to buy another MP3 player for quite some time after buying that sucker.I compared it to its iPod equivalent, and although it doesn't KILL the iPod, it certainly has advantages over it that most people may find appealing:* the Zen's color display shows a whopping 262,000 colors to the iPod's 65,000* the Zen "supports DRM-protected WMA files, meaning you can stock it with songs purchased from any number of online stores. The iPod, of course, limits your shopping to iTunes Music Store. The Vision:M is also Janus compatible, so you can stuff it with tunes downloaded from subscription services such as Napster To Go. At the moment, iPod users have no such option."* the iPod though can "grab some first-rate TV shows from iTunes Music Store--a prospect Zen owners will have to envy for the moment."* the Zen "supports a much wider variety of video formats than the iPod: DivX, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, and XviD among them"* the iPod wins with using just one program (iTunes) to manage everything on the MP3 player, whereas "Creative forces you to use four separate programs: ZenCast Manager, Media Explorer, MediaSource Organizer, and Sync Manager"All information quoted from CNet's comparison review... which I just now find out that they took off. (There's just the voting part there now.)

but still rayzoredge, he's looking for an ipod to buy. So I dont think getting a zen really matters for him. I have the ipod Video 30 gb and its been the love of my life. It's amazing, yeah it might not have all the options of the Zune or the Zen but its one great mp3 player. It's never failed on me and the battery is great! If your into using for exercises or activities in that nature then get a nano. if you just one of those people who want to sit in a car/plane etc. then get a video. the size is up to you, depending what kind of person you are and how many songs/videos you have.