xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cramy

Low Cholesterol Diet

If your bad Cholesterol levels are too high, here are some foods that may help. ARTICHOKES, ONION, AND 1-2 CLOVES OF GARLIC a day can help lower blood cholesterol, although it is not known why. WALNUTS, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, ALMONDS, PUMPKIN SEEDS, LINSEED, WHEATGERM AND SOYA BEAN all provide linoleic acid, the essential fatty acid that lowers total cholesterol and , to some extent reduces the tendency of the blood to form harmful clots. Eat small regular amounts: too much linoleic acid will lower HDL as well as LDL, cholesterol. OATS, PULSES, APPLES, DRIED FRUIT, CITRUS FRUIT AND PEAS are all rich in soluble fibre which reduces the amount of LDL cholesterol entering the bloodstream. Soluable fibre needs a low-fat diet to work well. Oats can also lower raised blood pressure.

actually my grandpa had cholestrol, but he died recently...so no worrieswell those foods are good for you, but most people hate it due to the taste. I choose and eat food that is good for you, and not for your tongue

Ya know, way back in the olden days there were a lot fewer health problems, and the reason why is because people ate more natural unprocessed food. The foods you listed are unprocessed, but today's society doesn't like a lot of healthy stuff because they'd rather be eating white flour, sugar, and fat. Cholesterol isn't necessarily a huge problem, it's just an indication of how messed up your body is. Eating healthier should correct your cholesterol as well as other problems you may have.

Well, the regular diet here in India, or for-say my own family has almost all of them regularly and when cooked properly, believe me, they taste AWESOME! Please do not mistake me for someone who hasn't had a pizza as of yet. ;) I have had it and I know what is good taste in food. ;)

Low Cholesterol DietLow Cholesterol Diet

A healthy lifestyle includes the following- a balanced diet consistingOf all the essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates andFiber; drink sufficient amount of water and develop a regular exerciseRegime.

Here is a link that might be useful: www dot Theweightlossmiracle dot Com

-reply by sharonavivdas