xisto Community
karlo

Faster Than Firefox! check this out

in what way is this opera faster? i didnt even notice a speed difference between internet explorer and firefox, i still think firefox is the greatest webbrowser i have found, where can i find more about this opera (sorry im a n00b) :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's really sad if you don't notice a speed difference between firefox and ie. Firefox is simply amazingly faster than ie.

hey safari is faster than firefox and opera is almost equivalent to safari so better try it out...............its an open software and you can download it for free........................but in ubuntu firefox rocks man its speed is awesome with same internet speed connection.............so all the best

hey safari is faster than firefox and opera is almost equivalent to safari so better try it out...............its an open software and you can download it for free........................
but in ubuntu firefox rocks man its speed is awesome with same internet speed connection.............
so all the best

This thread is almost 5 years old... And on topic I would recommend webkit. It is the source code for safari. And is updated every night with technological advancements. It is THE fastest web browser currently available and meets all web-standards.

yes.. firefox's bookmark is very easy to manage try opera out.. :P
it has never been easier opera is best browsing experience..

Agreed! Opera is the best browser out there for now :). Im still amazed by how fast is it and how simple is to use and also really organized . I would recomand it to anyone.

The only reason that some websites appear to be "messed up" is because they are very poor web designers and by poor i mean they are not good at coding and therefore it does not display correctly, they are more than likely trying to use personalized dhtml and such that they have made improperly. IE is more forgiving in that sense and usually will display most anything even if it is coded improperly.

I would like to add that different browsers render HTML differently - sometimes these are bugs and sometimes it's just the way the behave because the standards aren't strict enough to specify how something ought to work. A good web designer aims for cross-browser compatibility. Imagine having a user who browses your website using the Safari browser on an iPhone - you can't say, "Hey, use Internet Explorer. Safari sucks!" You've got to support the browser or you'll have a user who wouldn't visit your website again.

Internet Explorer does, in fact, have a lot of bugs and deviate from standards. You can see the difference in rendering between browser versions, especially the difference between Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 7. The compatibility mode feature of Internet Explorer 8 enables the user to temporarily switch to Internet Explorer 7-like behavior and Microsoft has worked on a community developed list of websites that Internet Explorer 8 looks up to determine if it should automatically use compatibility mode. Web designers also have the ability to include a META tag to indicate to Internet Explorer 8 to use compatibility mode.

Anyway, in the end, browser wars or not, it's the web designer's responsibility to ensure that the website displays correctly on all major browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome).

i'll still use firefox anyway, coz of its customizability. my firefox is heavily customized and that means that it's slightly slower than it should be, but i like things to look and behave the way i want them to, and firefox's customization options allows me to do just that.