xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

P90x Muscle Confusion Workout Regiment as seen on TV

It's not necessarily the indication you walkway but it's the indifference so a point traveller should occupation on distance forward and then try to gain move by force close and maybe alter someday by jogging. A deltoid trammel of molding is 100 calories per mile for a 180 thump someone. So an hour's paseo would discolor 400 calories, and that's not too bad for a stroll around the parkland.

To St. MichaelP90x Muscle Confusion Workout Regiment

I was in similar situation as you were.  I weighted 225-230 pounds.  I eat just about anything.  When my doctor said I was a walking time-bomb at age 37.  My trigyride was over 300!  My blood pressure was around 168/98.  I was so uncomfortable and so out of shape.  Doctor gave a list of strict diet such as gluten-free, sugar-free, and buch of natural supplements to take everyday.  I ran on treadmill, did P90X (I puked, I almost passed out, but I keep at it), and I lost so much that I couldn't believe it myself. Since last May of 2009, I have lost 42 pounds and never felt so great.  For starter, I started Gilad's video and then P90X, that way I won't hurt myself.

-reply by Marc

I had a look at a book that is called 'The Shaolin Workout' by Sifu Shi Yan Ming... This book presents an easy to follow, daily workout that improves ones fitness incredibly (if followed correctly) To fully complete 'The Shaolin Workout' takes 28 days... The very first day starts off with simple and very basic wrist and ankle rotations. Then what you do is, every day you just add on ONE more exercise from the book. This then allows you to improve slowly at a calm pace... This also means that you're not even forced to go through rigorous training that would seem almost impossible to keep it going... and if you simply sit down to read the instructions properly then it'll easily encourage you to keep it going... I also suggest that you read EVERY part of the book... even the introduction, and history etc. As you make your way through the workout, you'll begin to notice the significant changes in your body throughout everything that you do... The book, doesn't teach you how to fight... it teaches you how to live. and you find yourself really getting into it, eventually... that's when you start getting motivated to improve. 'More chi! Train harder!'It certainly helped me. :) The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days to Transform Your Body and Soul the Warrior's Wayby Sifu Shi Yan Ming

Edited by ADOMAN (see edit history)

PX 90 is NOT a muscle confusion regime. There are two fundamental techniques for improving physique/performance/muscle tone, IE: actual CHANGE in the body rather than burning up calories, and KEEPING the same old body! 1. Conditioning Programs: whether PX 90, power lifting programs utilizing power pyramids and full body resistance routines with a duration of one week, or just focusing on activities surrounding a specific sport, all have one thing in common: continual increase of intensity, and focus on performance. 2. Muscle Confusion Programs: Focus on the body, not external performance, and always allow each body part sufficient time to recover before re-stimulating that body part. I practice true muscle confusion with great results, both for myself and for my clients. With my program (I learned it, I did not invent it. It has been in existence for decades) the focus is on only two body parts per week, allowing 4 weeks of rest for that specific body part until the work is repeated. The muscle (IE: Pectorals) is therefore not conditioned, and is truly confused as to when the work will occur. The upsides of muscle confusion are: 1. It produces a very natural physique, not freaky or block-y. 2. NEVER PLATEAU, I mean NEVER! 3. Reduces the incident of injury, the conditioning programs inevitably cause the body to reach a literal "breaking point". The disadvantages: 1. The soreness, it's as if it is from another planet-ouch! 2. One cannot miss a workout, because the system is so specific, one missed workout would mean ignoring a body part for 8 weeks, not advisable for good results. 3. It is very psychologically challenging, since the focus is not on external aspects, the client does not see the performance improving quickly. This can be discouraging to people who do not fully understand that it is not a performance based regime. For more, please see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks for all your help :)P90x Muscle Confusion Workout Regiment

I'm 17 and I saw the P90-X Commercial and I thought to myself  "It sounds so simple..." and I thought about it and I decited to get the program. The fact that they want you to move at your own pace helped me take my time and get more involed! Now just a few months here I am typeing this letter In the best shape I'hv ever been in! I came home from school and got started and keep at it! I went from 200 to 155. I'm so Greatful and Everytime I workout to the DVD it's with a smile on my face because I know how far I came =D Tony helped me laugh and enjoy it, I think thats one of the main reasons why I continued. Thanks guys  for the support and keep up the great work hopefully reader this will help you make up your mind!

All the best!

Brett Martin , Alabama