xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Subforums In Phpbb

PHPBB does not, by default, have support for sub forums. To get sub forums working you have got to install a modification. I suggest you go to phpBB's website and search their modifications database. Bear in mind that the modifications are not officially supported, so you are relying on the community for support.

Yeh as rvalkass said, it doesnt come with it. But an even better site than phpbb's main site for modifications is http://www.phpbbhacks.com/. It has absolutely everything you would ever need for phpbb. I cant remember too well but I think about a year ago when I installed the subforums mod it was VERY VERY difficult and it took forever. Im not sure how long it would take now but im sure they have made it much easier since then.

Dear delivi phpbb doesnt support suborum , if you want make one big forum with subforums you must use SMF forum script or mybb forum script or IPB Like Xisto or Vb PHPbb is not very nice forum , but its very useful for Beginner's SMF and Mybb its a free script and you can download it with many skin and language file , but IPB and Vb script its not free and you must buy it

there is an add-on in the addon database of phpbb for creating subforums ,it works great as i have it personally installes in one of my projects ,there are also many other addons which would help you create it more effective ,but also note that phpbb has a lot of security issues best of luck

i got that addon mod for Subforums in PhpBB.It requires a lot of changes to be made in the codings of several pages and also add many new pages. Will this create any problems withthe forum and is the legally right to chage codes.

I learnt that the latest version of PhpBB 3 which is in Beta version has subforums enabled by defult. So I'd better wait till the final version before installing the Subforums mod.

Actually, the Beta version is available for download and install as the beta 4.Being a Beta version, they don't reccomend using it for a production site, but as long as you could accept that their final may need a modified database and the lack of mods, then try installing that version.