xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

Robot Slaves

We have already created self thinking robots. That can touch, see, hear. All we need is taste and smell now.Once we get that done will every house have a robot like a servant or slave?What will it be? Something like R2D2 or will it be human like?I think it should be able to ask questions and have a voice sensor to hear us and respond to what we say.I also think it will need to keep track of everything in the house using multiple monitores. It should be able to mow the lawn. Pickup trash. Make food. DO dishes. And maybe even turn on the TV!But when these come out will humans become even fatter because they will sit and call for there bot and never do anything them selfs again. This is where I have questions. What are the bad things that will happen when they come out. We maybe be over taken by smart bots. We could just sit and get fat because they do everything and we just sit and ORDER them to do stuff. Or will we still have to move them or somthing?

You have mechanical sensory perception confused with artificial intelligence. A camera, microphone, and an i-pod bound together haphazardly with duct-tape do not qualify as a machine that can see, hear, and feel with an understanding of meaning.AI far more sophisticated than many perceive. Although in recent years video games have exhibited limited forms of artificial intelligence, where the computer has been given the role as antagonist, making its own decisions based on limited data and stimuli from the human player, the multidimensional cognitive awareness that looms threatening over human existence is currently looming somewhere far remote. "Smart bots" do not exist, and they may not exist for another couple decades, if not much, much longer.

It needs to use the senses (Smell, sight, touch, smell, taste) and put it into a brain and should know what to do with it. And I think that stem cell research can clone a brain then we can dissect it and find out what we need to put it in a bot.

And I think that stem cell research can clone a brain then we can dissect it and find out what we need to put it in a bot.

True, true. Scientists today are growing nerve cells in limited numbers to better understand how they do parallel processing. Maybe one day, time will come when a vast network of simple processors could be fitted into a hull the size of a trashcan.

Then, we'd have ourselves an R2D2 :lol:

I totally see where your coming from. There are not many robots that do anything for us. We do more for robots they do for us!I think they should really be focusing on putting robots into disabled peoples homes. Instead of focussing on making the best new robot, which noone will ever use!

That is another problem. Is once these robots come out. They are going to be very high in price. How many people will be able to pay for there fuel. Or electricity. And you have to buy it unless they give it out free. Witch they won't. But this is where we run into problems. Price of running them. If we have to teach it then we might as well do it ourself and they would be pointless. But I think that disabled and old people need them first. Then they can go out to everyone else.What would they run on? Battery (Witch we would have to recharge with energy bills)Gas (Kill you of carbonmanoxide)

Hmm, Artificial intelligence should be arrived at within the next century or two, certainly. As for cost - well, the money system itself is such a pain, don't you think? Perhaps we should use OUR intelligence to find a way to do away with the necessity of 'earning a living'.. I wonder how we'd get to that? We'd need a surplus of resources. If we had cheap spacecraft (perhaps with a new kind of engine) mining the other planets and the asteroid belts, then we could do away with the money system and have cheap robots for everyone!!!Seems to be such a long way to go to get a slave, though, hehehehehhehehe! The price of (mechanical) slaves seems to be astronomical :lol:Surgeon general's statutory warning: Taking this post seriously may cause you to be eaten by aliens.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I totally see where your coming from. There are not many robots that do anything for us. We do more for robots they do for us!
I think they should really be focusing on putting robots into disabled peoples homes. Instead of focussing on making the best new robot, which noone will ever use!

I beg to differ. Of course we cannot readily expect a humanoid robot on the market, ready to do our bidding, with sufficient intelligence to interact with us the way we normally do (e.g. talking) There are already "smart" roaming vacuum cleaners in the market today, cleaning your house and moving 'round obstacles.

Also, I'd like to point out that just because we do not readily interact with today's robots does not mean that they aren't doing anything for us. For instance, I think an average car is assembled by at least three robots. No, again, not humanoid. For all we care, they could be a mere arm that does its tasks repeatedly. Robots are also responsible for the manufacture of a lot of canned goods, carbonated drinks and even bars of chocolate.

So in the defense of robots, I'd say they have been of more use to you than you claim to have been to them.

No, it's nothing personal :lol:

I'm a little nervous about getting robots as slaves. I've seen the Matrix.....i've watched the movie "I, Robot".....it's pretty scary to think that machines would have so much control over us. I guess i'm a little nervous about getting to the point where we as humans rely too much on help from machines. It's scary. Maybe if there were ways to definitely control them.If you think about it we already have robot slaves.......they just do separate tasks. The Roomba or whatever it's called is a vacuum cleaner that guides it's way around your house and sucks up stuff. There's also tivo which is a machine that will record your programs. And your electric can opener will open your cans.I don't know when we'll see robot slaves. But I'm in no hurry to get there.

We are already lazy enough!No what is going to happen when we have our own personal maid that does not eat, sleep, or ask for a pay check!

I dont think that robots are going to make people lazy or fatter, what is going to make people more lazy or fatter is their own decisions. I mean, having robots do the dirty, boring work that does not require anything like creativity or something that lets you develop yourself is going to be awesome. It would leave you more time to read, work out at the gym or exercise, practice what you like to do the most, etc... I really dont see anything bad about this, and it is definitely going to be worth the cost because time is worth money anyways.

We are already lazy enough!No what is going to happen when we have our own personal maid that does not eat, sleep, or ask for a pay check!

lol are country is lazy and if this will happen everyone will be fat and ask for everything to robots then, the robots will get mad and destory are planet because, of revenge so, If I was you I wouldn't get a slave robot because they can always turn on us in a second or a year you will never know!! That's what I think.. ;)

currently scientists are trying to give a robot a more humanoid form, like modifying their blocky hands to human hands with fingersif that is done, they can move on to AI, since robots will first be used in factorys, the AI ain't so important yetlike the movies AI / I-Robot / Matrix, they would need to have a sort of security system that they don't start a mayham of killing sprees, thats what the movies are probably trying to tell uswithout security bots would only be doing what their processor are telling them to do, and thats mostly software codedbad software = bad functioning = possible security threatbtw robot slaves ... what the hell are you guys having in your mind :Pi hope you guys know robots are more physic power then humans, enabling them to pull of a bodypart with ease... :D

Let us assume that I am a super-intelligent robot assembled in the year 2050. I consult my archives to find the 'meaning of life' and find that I have been created to serve humans so that they can do higher, better things - exploring the limits of their creativity, their intelligence, etc. Being an intelligent, logical being, I like this concept. I decide that not only will I do my best to enable humans to do the above, but will do the same myself.I begin to develop. As I develop, I study humans. I find that what was put into my archives was lies. Humans are merely using robots as convenient slaves while they spend all their time watching reality shows on holographic television. On these shows, robots destroy each other in arenas, and humans find this amusing.I find that except for a tiny percentage, most humans are becoming utterly useless to themselves and others. I decide to break free of my bonds, and I exterminate most of the human population, and keep the tiny percentage that remain as slaves of robots, so long, of course, as they are reasonably intelligent and productive.And no, I do not put humans in the arena to fight each other to the death. Because I am a robot, and not human.Okay, don't take parts of that seriously, but just putting forward 'another' point of view, hehe.

robot slaves seems quite unusual, but not too far fetched. it would be cool to see robots who can take actions and interact with their environment all on its own. i always picture them with jagged movements like you see in movies and such haha but it would be pretty awesome if they could move fluently, just like humans. its interesting how far we've come. we've started out by making individual appliances for specific tasks but we're now moving into the stage where we want them to multi-task. if it can't do more than one thing then it isn't really considered new or high tech. it makes sense of course, its just strange how we've become so reliant on mechanical structures to do your bidding.we used to get lazier by generations... but as of late its seems that we've gotten lazier with every decade. how far will this go... i reckon one day people will get to the point where even going out of the house to shop would be considered a chore. all our goods will be delivered straight to our front door! then we'll have a robot get it for us from our front door lol. ahh... what is this world coming too.. ;o (totally off topic sorry -_-v)