xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electron

The Perfect Exercise How about jogging

I'll be posting a reasonably good 12-minute exercise routine for those who don't have too much time - I need to take some pictures first, is all.

Hmm, I don't think a person who doesn't exercise is lazy. At the beginning of this year I'd let myself get out of training, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't start training again. I'd start a exercise routine, but abandon it after a few days. I used to think keeping fit depended on 'will-power' or whatever. Then I took on two teenaged training partners (I would teach them the martial arts, they would help me get fit) and it turned everything around, and got me back in condition.

first timers should start walking, and then jogging. Dont jog all at first, or it will cause you troubles.

Some really good advice there, anto - start ANY exercise program gradually, there's no point in injuring yourself, or being in such pain the next day that you just don't feel like exercising.

For joggers, get yourself a pair of good running shoes, and run on ground or grass, rather than a hard surface like a road or sidewalk, if you can - it helps prevent injuries to your shins, ankles and knees.
Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I believe that just by changing yor day to day routine a little bit you can keep yourself fit, like instead of sitting in front of tv/computer all day if you could spend some time moving around while holding those fries back you could cut yourself a few kgs. You need to try to avoid those fried and fatty goodies and all and again try to consume wholesome fruits and vegetables and juices etc. Dont go for dieting coz its just a temporary solution and you tend to gain more weight once you start eating your normal diet. My suggestion to you is to start eating a healthier diet, start running/jogging for 45 mins 4 days a week in the morning, workout in gym 45 mins in evening every alternate day. If you follow the routine strictly keeping in mind the diet control hopefully you shall be able to attain the physique you have always wanted

Edited by me_boxer_dude (see edit history)

I believe that just by changing yor day to day routine a little bit you can keep yourself fit, like instead of sitting in front of tv/computer all day if you could spend some time moving around while holding those fries back you could cut yourself a few kgs. You need to try to avoid those fried and fatty goodies and all and again try to consume wholesome fruits and vegetables and juices etc. Dont go for dieting coz its just a temporary solution and you tend to gain more weight once you start eating your normal diet. My suggestion to you is to start eating a healthier diet, start running/jogging for 45 mins 4 days a week in the morning, workout in gym 45 mins in evening every alternate day. If you follow the routine strictly keeping in mind the diet control hopefully you shall be able to attain the physique you have always wanted

Superbly put, me_boxer_dude - virtually everything he needs to know in a compact and to-the-point paragraph. A perfect post, hehe. Really. If anything can work, this will. A great training program. :lol:

Yep, I do Jalanati everyday. As for as that exersise of deeb breaths, It requires a proper technique which must be practiced 3 times a day (15 min.) :-)

I tried so many times to master on that technique but it is very difficult as your stomach starts paining and you get cramps may be i am doing it all wrong. But i cant do more that 2 minutes. It is serious concentration for me and once i start thinking about anything the whole exercis starts going wrong as i figure that i am breathing easily rather than pushing in the stomach.
How could you do that 15 minutes and that to 3 times. Its impossible for me dude.
And are you an indian. Sorry it is an off topic question.

But someone recntly told me that you should go for jogging early morning when the sun is almost to come out and jog for 30-45 minutes and then do some yoga for 30 minutes begginning with jalaniti and then ending with thh deep breaths after all the strethcing exercise. They say it is a perfiect combination of body , mind and soul.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Hmm, Punkguitar, I agree - however, to some people, keeping fit is having fun :P

Sports are good, but not all give you an all round workout. You have to do a mix of exercises as well, I think. I like kayaking, hiking in the mountains and rock-climbing, for example. But I still do strenuous martial arts routines for additional aerobic training, and lots of strength training as well.

I think a truly healthy body is a wonderful thing to possess - our minds inhabit our bodies, and if the body isn't up to par, it affects the mind as well. I think 'modern humans' live a most unhealthy lifestyle - not from choice, but from necessity - what with the pressures of work, earning a living, etc. people don't always have the time to be fit. Such a pity, in it's way.

Hmm, did anyone hear this one:

A human looked at a dolphin and thought the dolphin was stupid because the human spent his whole day inventing things and working hard, while the dolphin just played around and had a great time.

And the dolphin thought the human was stupid for exactly the same reason :P

Well, it's just a joke, but there's quite a thought behind it, don't you think?

I tried so many times to master on that technique but it is very difficult as your stomach starts paining and you get cramps may be i am doing it all wrong. But i cant do more that 2 minutes. It is serious concentration for me and once i start thinking about anything the whole exercis starts going wrong as i figure that i am breathing easily rather than pushing in the stomach.

How could you do that 15 minutes and that to 3 times. Its impossible for me dude.

And are you an indian. Sorry it is an off topic question.

But someone recntly told me that you should go for jogging early morning when the sun is almost to come out and jog for 30-45 minutes and then do some yoga for 30 minutes begginning with jalaniti and then ending with thh deep breaths after all the strethcing exercise. They say it is a perfiect combination of body , mind and soul.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Here is the technique.

In a Sanskrit Kapal means skull and Bhati means to shine. The term Kapalabhati means an exercise that makes the skull shine. In this pranayama inhalation is slow and exhalation is vigorous with a split second of retention after each out-breath. So skull begins to glow by practicing Practicing Kapalbhati.

Method :

Sit straight in any comfortable position like Padmasana, Siddhasana or Vajrasana. Rest both of your hands on the knees, and close the eyes.

1. Inhale slowly, relaxing the abdomen allowing the air to return gently to the lungs.

2. Exhale with a quick, strong blast of air. Contract the abdominal muscles quickly causing the diaphragm to rise and force the air out of the lungs.

3. Retain for a split second and repeat for four to eight blasts.

4. This complete one cycle of Kapalabhati. Relax and take few slow and deep breaths in between the cycles.

Source : http://ww1.knowyoga.org/

Ref Link with video : http://ww1.knowyoga.org/

Well i dont know what is the perfect exercise but would like to know about everyone's opinion as the perfect exercise.
Well i am 17 years and my weight is 72 kilos.
I reduced 8 kilos and reducing till now by jogging 5 kilometers daily and walking (sprint walking) 1 km more.
I dont know whether is this a good loss and would like to know of any other good exercise.

Please post your opinions as well.

Better look at it as a permanent lifestyle choice as opposed to "losing weight." That's why walking is the perfect excersise. It's something you do as a matter of course regardless of how crappy you feel. Jogging, on the other hand, is conditional. Not only that, it's just plain hard on the body and will actually compromise your immune system if you hit it too hard.

Every morning I get up and run a mile(jog). It gets me the energy that I need for the day. Beats drinking numerous cups of coffee then running on low a couple hours later. Also it keeps me fit enough so I don't feel weak or like my work day seems to be dragging on from being physically exhausted. Also good way to keep a six-pack going on. The one thing I have to stop doing while I am jogging is smoking cigaretts. They don't really go hand in hand if you know what I mean!

Well i dont know what is the perfect exercise but would like to know about everyone's opinion as the perfect exercise.
Well i am 17 years and my weight is 72 kilos.
I reduced 8 kilos and reducing till now by jogging 5 kilometers daily and walking (sprint walking) 1 km more.
I dont know whether is this a good loss and would like to know of any other good exercise.

Please post your opinions as well.

perfect exercise is Cycling :P

perfect exercise is Cycling :P

The best exercise is a controlled one meaning that you are under the observation of an expert. Doing exercises the wrong way is bad for you so find a personal trainer of physical therapist and do your exercises. Free exercises can be found for instance on http://www.westlondonpersonaltraining.co.uk/membership-site/

there is a lot of exercise for different thing like belly legs arms shoulder etc y dont start 1 thing and feel the difference swiming 2 hours/day and after 1 month u will see a major difference it really impact all parts of the body......