xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamma9

O.l.e.d Keyboard Every key is a screen

Art Lebedev Optimus Mini 3  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive been wanting the optimus ever since I saw it. That is the best damn keyboard ever! It would make launching apps so easy... and i cant wait to find out how to program for it so my own games/apps can use it! [drool]

Pointless and expensive due to the fact you would be replacing the whole system if you break the screen.Also talk about hurting your finger tips tapping at a screen like that for long periods of time. Also if it comes with a touch screen pen it would defeat the purpose altogether.

Saw this awhile ago, looks cool and could be useful.

For example, you could easily switch character sets, which would be nice for public terminals.

Once the prices drops dramatically for OLED displays, I can see this becoming widespread.

Pointless and expensive due to the fact you would be replacing the whole system if you break the screen.

Also talk about hurting your finger tips tapping at a screen like that for long periods of time. Also if it comes with a touch screen pen it would defeat the purpose altogether.

The keyboard just like a normal keyboard, only the top of each key is a tiny OLED display.

There's some pics at:

http://www.artlebedev.com/optimus/

I'm sure they could sell replacement keys, or you could send it in if a key broke.

Well they look pretty good I like the quake one on the keyboard they look nice but I'm good with my current keyboard I don't like a lot of stuff on my keyboard just the usually stuff and also I don't have all the programs specified in the keyboard like photo shop So i thinks its a waste of money to buy a keyboard like this

i think that the only one that would ever be useful to me would be this one

http://www.artlebedev.com/optimus/

because we can change the keyboard to show what we want it to show, and i could use that for gaming reminders, and it's not like i need to have the letters on there to type considering i don't look at the keys anyways, so i think that that one would be the only useful one, the other ones are just a desperate attempt to get more money

That keyboard would rock, Imagine making the shortcuts to more specialized software such as recording software, having all the shortcuts at your fingertips would make it more efficient. And would be really fun on games too. That thing would rock as a music sampler.

I think this is a real good idea. The only thing that makes it somewhat useless will be the price. If this keyboard is going to be useful, it will need to be competetively priced with other keyboards. People would love to have keys show what does what in a game, shortcuts, etc. and this can do that.

Yeah thats seems pretty cool to me i kinda figured that something like this was going to coming out soon. The technology just keeps getting better and better hopefully we dont over due it one of these days and get ourselves into some trouble. Anyways does anyone know the expected price of these keyboards and when they are going to be released?

Ive been wanting one of these for ages, since i first seen the original concept! It would be great for games, all your keys could change to the actual uses, so each weapon could have an icon its key etc. Good for photoshop shortcuts too/video editing suites! Can't wait for the full one, although I hope the price point drops quickly, cause it really is too expensive when it first comes out.

Hey, will be good to use when playing an FPS, especially if you are a heavy macro user. Would be extremely helpful when it comes to remembering what macro each key is binded to.