xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shibo

What Do You Think About This Spec

Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 - 210$ - (Lifetime warrenty)G.Skill 1GB DDR2 800Mhz Dual channel (CL5) - 166$ - (Lifetime warrenty)Gygabyte GA-965P-S3 - 172$GeCube X1950Pro 512MB - 280$HEC 6A19B-NPS (the case) - 45$ (it's a good plain cheap case - i'll use it for modding Very Happy)Enermax Liberty 400w - 95$Arctic Cooling Pro Freezer 7 - CPU cooler - 38$Total: 1006 $Anyway, what do you think about this one?Should I buy it? :)

If it's a laptop and not all proprietary (the companies pretend that's a good thing) then it wouldn't be a bad laptop to get, if it were me I'd boost up the harddrive a little bit. And if that's a desktop, forget about it. Nice CPU, GPU and RAM, but still the hard drive.

Since when listing hardware spec constitutes as quality contribution? Use the quote bbcode next time.

Judging by his hardware specification,

Enermax Liberty 400w

this is a desktop. No laptop or PDA would list the power supply as 400 watt :rolleyes:
$1006 just for the CPU?? Wow, I think you're getting ripped off. Dell probably offers something similiar including 17" ultra sharp LCD monitor around the similar price.

Looks like you're paying so much on the GPU (graphics card). Do you really need that much? Or are you buying a gaming system? That card is designed for 3D autocad or rendering process. But just for gaming PC, I think you are way to rich :)

Yeah, I too was about to say you forgot to mention the monitor. I would invest more in a monitor since they dont go obsolete to quick compared to the hardware, which you can always be upgrading later down the road.

1GB of RAM would seem appropriate for you at first, but I'd say that you would have to add on to it as time progresses if you use your computer a lot and do a lot of file copying, downloading, editing, and a lot of other stuff (like me.) I put a 1GB stick of RAM in my computer that came with 512MB and now it's pretty fast, so if I were you I'd look at how this computer is to be used before you come up with an amount of RAM for it.By the way, that's a lot of money to shell out for an overly-decent graphics card. You must be a gamer.

Nice power unit.. The more Wat's the merrier :PNice PC, would like to have that CPU, and Graphics!Buy TwoSame HardDrives and connect them in RAID. That thing is awsome :zooooom:

haha thats definately a desktop...he says what case hes using and if you've ever seen and arctic cooling freezer 7 they are huge processor heatsinks and coolers. Doesnt look like too bad of a system. 400 watts may be pushing it for that graphics card and core 2 duo processor, i'd go with something around 500w. Just to be safe, it isnt that much of a price difference.If you need any help come to Plugcomputers.com we'd be happy to help with anything.

HiYou have got a really nice configuration but some suggestions:1. Power Supply Unit : 550 WATT OR 600 WATT's power supply would have beenmuch better2. Hard Disk : Better go for SATA -2 Hard Disk Drive with 10,000 rpm. It will definitely boost up your system speed.3. Ram is coming in 1066 MHz speed also nowdays. It willl definitely would have boosted the speed.