xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyon2

The End Of Software Developers! The end of software companies

It'll always be a lot easier for pirates to find cracks than for companies to try and keep making it harder and harder.Basically the only people that will purchase programs like photoshop in the future are professionals who can just do a tax writeoff on the program or get their company to buy it for them, and who could get found out a get sued if they did pirate the program. Of course there will still be some people with a conscience who will choose to buy the said programs.As for games, well it's all just going to turn to subscription based games I guess, and those are virtually impossible to pirate. It is very easy to pirate a game like World of Warcraft, but to find a way to play on the real servers for free would be an extremely daunting task. I'm waiting for an MMORPG to start handing out CD's like those AOL CD's that have a tiny single player "demo" and then an option to subscribe. You get kids hooked, and then they want to sign up.Other than that, a lot of things are turning to open source. 2 of the biggest sites around, wikipedia and youTube are both consistent with this philosophy (well youTube isn't open source, but you see what I'm getting at). Once someone gets a successful open source game out and figures a way to control it and make revenue it'll revolutionize the gaming industry.Open source and Subscription based. That's what it's coming to. There will still be software developers to lead these, but as for selling software in stores, it'll be greatly decreased within these next 10-20 years.

I do not think that software developer will die only because of piracy.First, the software that a software developer made is not necessarily general product like microsoft windows or adobe photoshop. They can make specialized software for a company and there, they will get money.Second, for general product, It is true that we find the piracy product all over internet. Those who is only depend on their product would die soon. But I find that software developer usually makes advantage by offering customer service. The pirate software would not get this one.Third, Big company usually does not want to involve in piracy problem. So if your software is good enough that they want to use it, they will pay for it.Fourth, Open software company has shown you how to survive without getting money from your software. As your software developer you can get money from training, service, seminar, advertising, etc.

I think this is where open source software comes into play. Yes, we should credit software makers for their useful softwares but there comes a point where perople, normal consumers like us have to choose between paying and ripping it off the net for ffree. I'm sure most will have gone to the 'dark' sideThis is the nature of all humans, you cant change it. What i think software developers should do is not trying to educate consumers to pay for their products. Instead, they shlould be looking for ways to earn from their software without asking consumers to pay! One example is linux. Its free, but when u are asking for on-site support..

I had never heard of portable software, those people that crack those programs are very good at what they do. I guess it would be good for a company thats starting and doesnt have the money to buy the full program, but it would be really not cool for that company to buy the programs as soon as the reach economic stability and start making good money. So I dont think that this will be the end of software development, because there will always be a need for specialized software in the businesses, some times the programs that are just not good enough for some.

software developers wont have to face an end ,first of all if an inspector comes he would go to system access logs rather to see which s/w is installed or not ,there are many other ways to detect whether the particular software is used or not ,even deleted logs culd be retrieved and read ,so the company would easily get caught and as per individuals are concerned parated s/w on hardrive is enough for them and don't need to go to portables,so i doubt that the portable system will be a hit ,i doubt any company would have use this thing,their whole business would be at stake