xisto Community
sunsaan

9 Ways To Promote You Site

I like the tips however i disagree with a few of them. First of all, now a days the major search engines do not even look at meta tags for sites because of their misleading nature. Secondly, webrings may help bring in traffic but many of them also require large banners on a site which definitely take away the look and feel and even clutter many websites. Finally, usenets and advertisements are never a good way to go. They tend to be thought of as spam and most people dislike the advertisements on websites unless they actually serve a purpose.

Really good tips, I am bookmarking it. They are really good tips even though I already knew like half of them. Thanks.

great thing you found.. I wish you had a guide to put your site on google though.. ;) The only other possible way in putting you site on google is to find someone to pay it for you or you have to pay for it..A good idea for Xisto is to have these points you get for hosting and yo also, have the choice to have your site on the serach engines for 30 points that might be a good idea ;)

Edited by Iceblade (see edit history)

Those are all excellent ways. That was helpful, thank you. However - on Xisto you aren't allowed to copy and paste, quote or use tutorials in any other way that you didn't create yourself. Sorry!

Definitely some great tips, however, I think you left out another major one:Posting advertisements on forums.Of course you shouldn't go spamming your link on every post, but try to get it in there when it's related to the topic. You can also post in an "Advertisement" section if the forum has one. It's a great way to generate traffic!

Nice tips you supplied, I only really use at the moment the search engines, meta tags, and advertising in my signature on messageboards. Never thought about a webring or the other stuff you mentioned. I'll have to try that out.

fantastic tips but theyre only going to work based on how much people put into their website content wise no one wants to visit dead websites. so technically the most important thing is regular updates to be honest.

I use most of these methods to promote my website, especially submitting to search engines and using keywords (Meta tags). However, you must be careful when going through link exchanges so that you don't ruin into link farms. I have been informed that Google sees some of these networks as Bad Neighbors (not sure on the true definition of this word). But when Google identifies your site has a relation with a bad neighbor it could actually have a negative impact on your placement for a Google Search, and could lower your page rank. When I exchange links I usually only do so with Directories that require it, not just free exchange sites.

I'll give just one advise: For people who use Orkut regularly, put up your URL in your profile name. Orkut/Facebook can be a great place for publicity!!!

Nice tips I will note it and try to follow it.If you want to promote your website I will give some advice.Firstly if its a Blog don't forget to promote by Bookmarking it.There are lots of social Bookmarking.Secondly for both you must make some search engine submission.You must not think that if you just submit to search engine you will get index.Search engine will take long time to get your page index.I know many person who are still waiting for there website to get index.So you must make directory submission.You will find many directory list on the Internet choose the higher PR Directory.