xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TeeCee06

Xbox 360 Smf (forum) Template

I just finished up my Xbox 360 SMF Template, I still have a couple more buttons im going to do but basically everything is fixed and ready to go... You can view it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Tell me what you guys think about it and what could be improved (Also I can't code, so if theres any coding issues im screwed)

Are you serious?????
How the hell did you make something like that. My forum is still using the template that SMF had given when I first installed it. Nice job, but don't know how you did it!

Umm... lol I don't know... I guess it just takes practice, I didn't really code much because I just used a similiar layout to what it looks like but I know enough about coding and changed a few things around and completely redid just about every image that the other layout came with.

Looks pretty nice, especially if it was your first time (was it?) But I've never heard of that type of forum before. Is it free?

Yeah, you can install it under Fantastico, Fantastico is located in your Cpanel, its a script that auto installs a number of different things like forums, gallerys, chats, blogs, etc.... And nah it wasn't my first time making a forum template, it was my first time making one for SMF though, I normally made them for IPB & PHPBB but it's really all the same if you do it the way I did it.

I must say, you did a very nice job pulling it off for SMF. (My first template for SMF was basic, and i used a SMF template creator which i found at the SMF site, and just modified whatever it gave me.) I would suggest just making the hover effect on the main navigation just a pure green background: no gradients. And in my browser (Opera) the swirl in the middle, to the right of the log-in, gets cut off.

Oooo. Pretty ^-^ If I ever had a forum, I would try to get a template as cool as that. As much as I dislike the Xbox in most respects, I love that style! Keep up the good work! :blink:

I must say, you did a very nice job pulling it off for SMF. (My first template for SMF was basic, and i used a SMF template creator which i found at the SMF site, and just modified whatever it gave me.) I would suggest just making the hover effect on the main navigation just a pure green background: no gradients. And in my browser (Opera) the swirl in the middle, to the right of the log-in, gets cut off.

It doesnt only do that on opera, it does that on all of them because thats how it was meant to be. I was also thinking about changing the hover effect, im still gonna use a gradient, but im gonna make the gradient less visible and instead of making the gradient go through the middle and their being three different colors im gonna only use two.

Man, that is awesome. You should be given like a medal or something laugh.gif
Improve it?! The only way it could be improved is if you paid me to say it needed to be improved tongue.gif

Love it!

Oooo. Pretty ^-^ If I ever had a forum, I would try to get a template as cool as that. As much as I dislike the Xbox in most respects, I love that style! Keep up the good work!

Thank you guys for all of the compliments, im glad that everyone thinks it looks good and professional, im really glad it catches your eye, that was my whole point in making it! lol

As a Moderator on this Board, it is one of my duties to investigate claims such as the one you have made against the member originating this Topic.Having clicked the link you provided, I fail to recognize the similarity in the Theme you display and the Theme on the above listed link by our member.Kindly reply by PM with an argument supporting your claim within 24 hours or your posting will be removed as unfounded, and a suitable Warning will be issued against you for the unfounded claim. If you take the time to review our Rules, we do not allow flaming on this Forum. Your claim, if found to be false, would be deemed as an unneccesary, and uncalled for, Flaming of a fellow member.Regards,jlhaslipModerator.Submitted by PM. Email listed as Private and not available for submission.

Notice from saint-michael:
All concerned parties have been pm by me about this so any further discussion as mentioned above will be done by pm.

Hello i'm currently after a Xbox 360 THEME // Close Theme, for SMF 1.1.2, i'm making a 360 based part of my site.Anybody have links or info on anything or ones that could easly be changed to be a 360 template / theme or actually 360 made themes?thing is im currently capped to 56k and its REALLY BAD, i really really need you guys help here. please, thanks so much.