xisto Community
mainvent

Doom's Future - Doom 4 Possibly?

Doom, to me, wiull never get any better than the orignal ones that were Doom 95 and Doom 2, Didnt like doom 3 basically because it didnt come out on PS2. Would like to see a doom 4 but only if its on PS3 as graphics would be excellent!!

I have only played Doom 1, which was a great game, what I found funny was that when doom 3 came out, their were people complaining that all you did was go round killing things, and that it was boring, and that doom one was a lot better. They didn't remember that all doom one was was killing things :blink:.

Maybe there will be another doom but if is like the prevouse one or with better graphics it's will take long to develop. In my opinion i like this gamebut i prefer the game of riddick scape of butcher bay.

They probably will make a doom 4 but it will not come out for 3 or 4 years since it obviously will take a long amount of time to create. As for Doom 3, i didnt really care for it because it just was repetative and got boring. I got sick of walking into a room and knowing something was going to jump out at me and all. They could have thrown more twists into the gameplay so that it was not as repetative. These were things that Doom 2 had that made it great. All of a sudden teleporters would open and out came more enemies rather than just jumping out of the wall. Plus, they should have had the light on the gun since come on, duck tap exists now so it could have been tapped to the gun.

I hope there is. Yes doom 3 was repetitive after a while, but I still enjoyed the game. I think it would be cool is doom 4 was like...hell on earth or something. Maybe one demon somehow made it back to earth, who knows.

I really liked Doom 2 back in the 90's. Its the first game I ever played on the pc by multiplayer. It was awesome playing it via modem, defeating evil. I have to play doom 3 yet, I havent played it because I dont think my pc can run it decently, specially because of the graphics card. I really havent heard awesome things about it though. Probably isnt as fun as it could be.

I have heard that doom 3 was the last in the series and that they were not going to make another doom ever again.I just cannot remember where I heard it,I remember something that said they were going to move onto something different and that it was not going to include the doom series.Although i am not 100% positive, that is all I can remember.

Whilst Doom 3 is an amazing game: the special effect lighting creates an awesome atmosphere, the plot line of Doom is gradually trailing downhill: I can't see how they would be able to release a Doom 4: they would be hard pushed to improve on the graphics, so making it better looking or scary, and the entire point of the game is minimal puzzle action, maximum shooting!However, I can see them changing location: perhaps moving it into a city: so perhaps bringing it off Mars, and onto Earth, since when computer power moves on, the size maps that will be playable will be 10 times the size of the current maps! This I think would be the best way to go: similar to half-life 2: a fully interactable world with real world items in a large map: perhaps with vehicles, etc.The enemies probably wouldn't need to change that much, and gameplay should always be prefered over the graphics: if they can make it just as scary over a large open space (similar to 28 days later :)) then this would be amazing, being scared in a claustiphobic area is not hard, and perhaps gamers are getting used to this....The question is, is anyone willing to try?