xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fr0z3n

Smoking Lungs

I reuest or even beg all the smokers to quit smoking. I know you cannot stop smoking in a single day, but if you have the determination then you can be free of this addicition soon.The reason why I say this is,I've friend whose father was a smoker, a few years before he was diagonised for lung cancer. Now do you know guys how he is he cannot breath on his own, he needs an Oxygen Cylinder near him at all times. Do you need this pityful state, you cannot be free you have to be confined within the walls of the hospital or ur home.Please think on it.

Good job on quitting smoking. I have so many people in my family that smoke. My Dad, Aunt, Grandma, and my Grandpa. They all tell me not to ever smoke cause it is a bad habit. In my head im thinking "you hypocrites" lol. Anyway my Grandma has tried to quit smoking like 5 times. Every time for a few months then she smoked more. I think one time she quit for almost a year. But anyway congrats. It is a good thing to quit. You save your money, better for you, and the friends and family around you dont have to worry about getting secondhand smoke.

I agree with mbacarra. Don?t expect a total recovery or think that you will be an athlete now. Years of smoking cause years of damage to your organism, but it?s no so dramatic anyways. The same happens with alcohol, drugs or even bad diets. But is a real difficult thing to leave the habit of smoking so congratulations because you?ll feel better than when you smoke. You will also save money and time and people won?t have to run away when you light a cigarette. And they say your sexual life will be better too...

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

first of all congrats on living that death stick, :P you would be glad that you stopped smoking in your future,smoking really makes your lungs go in a merry round trip and actually it crushes your lungs by making them vulnerable to a lot of diseases Leaving smoking alone is no way going to guarantee you that you would be ready to live a healthy life from now on,but atleast you have stopped punching your lungs now.Now you need to do some lung test which may reveal how hard the damage is,i am not a doctor but i know that there is some problems in the lungs of chain smokers which need to be rectified.Do those test and maintain a good diet afterall and keep exercising ,it would atleast make half of your problem solve and as for your t.b. is concerned i think you people need to move out of such an area which gives bed smell all the time which may be really harmful to you,this smells might also contribute to your lungs problem furthur.keep exercising...(though even i don't) :P

I have a friend who is a surgeon, and he tells me a smokers lungs are actually 'black' from the accumulated debris, as opposed to healthy lungs.The strange thing is if you look at books from say a hundred years ago, they have no idea at all that smoking is dangerous, to them a pipe gives a 'manly air' etc. Love the way books can sometimes let you look into the past - right, right, off-topic, I know, hehe.I've got a few friends who are trying to ditch the habit, it's not at all easy. As I said in my earlier post, anyone who does is a hero in my opinion - a very strong person indeed.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)