xisto Community
Lanzo

Can't Find Guts For Girl, Long Story... Want to but cant do it

|Hi, it's me again. I just came back from a christmas dance, and again the same thing happened again! I have just read every1's post *thanks* So i know what i should do, but i need sentence openers, PLEASE!!!! i can't think of any. And i noticed that she doesn't really like the kind of jokes that boys like gay jokes lesbian fat ETC.SO I NEED GOOD JOKES that are light and funny, and good topic openeres during class* she sits right behind me!* that i could talk with while we are supposed to be working.reply quick please! :lol:

Make sure you talk to her often before you go and ask her out. The last thing you need is to ask out a girl then spend an entire date in a awkward silence. Like a few other people said, start talking to her and figure out what she likes before you ask her out. Unless you are one of those guys who can keep a good conversation going forever, then you should become friends with this person first. Fist just a school and if you see her around and after you have gotten to know each other you can invite her to a dance or a party or something.And by the way, don't feel bad when it doesn't last forever... you are only grade 8ps when you are talking to her, try to concentrate on the conversation, not trying to figure out what she thinks of you, or simply staring at her boobs... it doesn't help lol

Not only did you still my name, but this topic was also made on my birthday! Are you trying to steal my life! Not only that but your even the same age as me!!! I think your my evil twin! No, you cant be the evil one, because im evil :P LOLZYour probally gonna hate me for this but, you should just give up on her, dont make yourself look like a loser by getting in a relationship with somone.

Hi

This sounds just like my story; I was also the shy nerd who almost noone talked to, and the girls would not consider to dance with. What I did was to deside that I should not change myself, but improve myself. The point was to be what I wanted to be without loosing myself. Practically the only things I did was the following:

- I learned to dance swing. (As I found out, girls don't care that you are a nerd when it comes to dancing, it is all about the dance.)

- I started to build my confidence that I was great as I was, and that it was the others who did not see it yet. (Some steps are to say something good to yourself everytime you look in the mirror, after a while you will start beliveing it :P )

- I stopped thinking that I had to get a girlfriend or that girls had to be inlove with me.

These steps resulted in that I got more friends who where girls (because I was not desperate, they wanted to know me, me. After some years, in the summer after 10th grade I met a girl who has now been my girlfriend for two years. She tells me that what atracted her whas that I was so real, that I was not a player, but a safe and careing person; and she actually liked the clumsy, nerdy me.

What I am trying to say is that you should try to find the good things about yourself, and make them more visible, don't change youself.

Don't become a player; they may be the ones with all the girls now, but when they finaly want a girl for their life, they will have serious problems because of their past. You may be the "looser" now, but you will become the proud and great, lucky person later, just have pations.

And when it comes to girls, try to be more relaxed about them, if you don't try to get a girlfriend, the right one will come when you least expect it.

Good luck with the future, may it be an happy one :(

Sincerely,

lihuyt

|Hi, it's me again. I just came back from a christmas dance, and again the same thing happened again! I have just read every1's post *thanks* So i know what i should do, but i need sentence openers, PLEASE!!!! i can't think of any. And i noticed that she doesn't really like the kind of jokes that boys like gay jokes lesbian fat ETC.SO I NEED GOOD JOKES that are light and funny, and good topic openeres during class* she sits right behind me!* that i could talk with while we are supposed to be working.

reply quick please! :P

hmm well lol what kind of jokes do you mean like blonde jokes or like story jokes? would any kind of jokes offend her? also i used to have the same problem wanted to ask someone out but couldnt and you should soon when i didnt i ended up just regreting it everytime i saw her and eventually just let go which leaves you without emotion for a while lol so...just build up enough courage wait till shes in a good mood and then ask

One thing I can say is that if you don't have time to talk to her right now, don't bother with her at all. Girls take more time from your life when you're in a relationship. They also take a lot of money. I hope you have a good allowance.As everyone else said, don't change who you are. If she's the one for you, she'll be more than willing to cope with the fact that you're not a jock, etc.. If she's not willing to do that, than forget about her. Eventually, when you least expect it, there'll be some girl that will love the fact that you're not all into sports and such. There's someone out there for everyone, so don't change who you are, especially for a girl.You say you're a 'nerd'. If you two can't hang out and just have fun; play a bit of Halo against eachother or something along those lines, you might want to reconsider your options. Trust me, the girl I've taken an interest comes over sometimes and we just sit there for an hour or so playing Halo 2 online against other people. She knows she's bad at it, but she enjoys it all the same. Does this make her a nerd, or ugly? No, she's just willing to do what I like doing sometimes. I'll sit through chick-flicks for her, and she'll do something I like to do, like play Halo or play fight. Oh, girls love play fighting.So yeah, there's a brief explaination of girls for you. Take what you can from it, because it's accurate. Don't change who you are, compensate for eachother.

Personally, If you can't find time for her, then simply stay friends. Relationship is like the ol' Time is Money term, relationship healthiness is time. If you can't commit time to the relationship, it will fall apart.

Alright I didnt read the entire topic, Just the first post so If I repeat anything anyone said im sorry. But your in 8th grade, Your gonna be nervous around girls you like, It comes with the territory. This kinda thing you just have to slowly get into being more outgoing and confident around girls, There isnt really anything one of us can say that will give you the confidence to ask her out. The only tip I can give you though is to just talk to her, Dont make it so obvious or go out of your way to talk to her, Find the right time but just start talking to her. Its all about confidence, Thats one of the biggest things girls see when they talk to you. The thing is, Confidence can be faked. If you think you are then you will be.

I need help! I'm in grade 8 and I like this girl but i can't really find the time to talk to her, i want to be all cool, but i get pressured all the time by the other girls and guys! i'm considered a nerd in my school, i don't play football, hockey or anything like that. I'm just not a player. But i want to! But i can't convince my self to try to start a realtionship with this girl. on halloween was a dance at our school, i went but i couldn't convince my self to ask her to dance! ever since then i've been feeling depressed, i should of asked. all of the pouplur kids were dancing with their girl. and one of my friends also! So i really need help, i want to ask her to the dance in april, so any tips that could start me in the right direction for the next dance?

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

Let's face it. Us girls are *beep* But the best way to as a girl out is to be direct. Just make sure you don't start looking at her boobs :unsure: It makes us really really mad.

I need help! I'm in grade 8 and I like this girl but i can't really find the time to talk to her, i want to be all cool, but i get pressured all the time by the other girls and guys! i'm considered a nerd in my school, i don't play football, hockey or anything like that. I'm just not a player. But i want to! But i can't convince my self to try to start a realtionship with this girl. on halloween was a dance at our school, i went but i couldn't convince my self to ask her to dance! ever since then i've been feeling depressed, i should of asked. all of the pouplur kids were dancing with their girl. and one of my friends also! So i really need help, i want to ask her to the dance in april, so any tips that could start me in the right direction for the next dance?

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

First of all, your problems are quite usual for your age. So the first thing you should do is to stop feeling bad because you can't mange your relations with girls or

establish such relations. What you need is experience and self confidence.

I did not catch from your post, if you should ask her for dance before the party and come there with her, or you should ask her for a dance on a party.

The second varient is much more simple of course, so lets begin with it.

What you should understand before coming up to her is this. She is a woman, and any woman (even if she is the most popular girl in your shcool) likes (no! loves!)

attention of a man. The fact that she is not in love with you or that she doesn't know you, doesn't matter anything. If you would come up to her, ask her for

a dance and would be polite and self-confident doing it, she would be pleased at least. And your chance to get a dance is quite good. If she rejects...well at least you tried. But i haven't seen a woman, that was rude with a man who asked her for a dance. So if she isn't a great *BLEEP*, she would be yours (at least for one dance;) and if she is? than you should find a better girl for yourself.

If you have to ask her for coming to dancing party with you, the situation is more difficult, but the solution is the same! I you know that girl, you should act as written above - the only diffrence would be - you would ask her before, not during the party.

If you don't know her - you should make friends with her first. I would suggest this. Just come up to her and say :

Hello! I like you and i would be happy if you would come to dances with me. I understand that you sould know me better to do it, so what if we do something together (here you should work out what you can do together - movie, study together, cafe etc)?

You should be superman when saing that. Just be friendly, polite and look at her like at a special person (that should not be too hard, is she is the girl of your dreams:). BE GENTLEMAN. That's not being somebody else - i agree with most upper posts, saing that you should stay yourself - that is acting specially genle for her. Worth girl would appreciate that.

After you know each other better asking her for a dance should not be a problem.

PS

English is not my native language, so i'm sorry if my grammar was not perfect;)

best wishes for you and your girl!