xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

Ice Age 2

I was doing some research yesterday and back in 2005 many sceintists found out a second ice age is coming soon.The reason is:Global warming is slowing the warm water current from the south and it isn't reaching us.The most part of this is affecting europe. It is also caused my glacials melting at a abnormal pace. The sceintists say that a mini ice age on europe could be here in the next 100 years.I think that this is a bad thing because of why its happening but with our advanced tech we could get though it. When it starts happening they could just fly out.

Hopefully it isn't exactly like "The Day After Tomorrow"I think this could be true. I'm not totally sure though. I would see how it would help if we had one. The Ice Age would get into many people's heads to be more careful with our earth. Since it is the only one of its kind.

I find this hard to believe. If the heat is melting glacier and evaporating water and whatnot, then I think it would be too warm to be an ice age, even if there was a lot of water. It might cause floods and water damage, but I don't think it could ever freeze to ice. But if it did, that would be horrible and we would have to pretty much rebuild all of Europe. Anyways, I guess it could happen but it's highly unlikely and you will never see one for you time on earth (at least I hope not).

It is going to happen because all the warm water is going south and not staying and all the heat is now moving south. So in case northern things are going to get cold. And the cold water would be north were we are.

just recently on TV i watched a doc series about global warming, huricanes and other natures reactions to our human destructive behavior. the idea that crossed my mind was that humans have forgoten their nomadic roots, as we were nomads before we will be ones again.the rich and comfortable "western" way of life, has made us into lazy, snoobish and cocky parazites of nature. we have exploited (not the band) it, poluted it, and used it as much as we could during last centuries after the industrial revolution. but now nature show's us who's the boss around here, and at that time when we cross that line, when we try to be bosses that will be the time when "end" will come.not all of us are going to survive, just the ones that are strongest and most skillful. let's just hope that it won't be that cold after all :( and if it does we'll do like russians do... drink lot's of vodka :lol:

"All the advanced technology." That's an interesting statement that was made. I know we have a lot of different technologically advanced things in the world, but even if this was to happen, they aren't going to help us, I wouldn't think. At least the majority of us. If anything was to happen, the rich who could pay off the military and governmentally paid scientists for whatever they have hidden in different places will be the only ones surviving. Who's going first though? Let's just say that will be those in Africa my guess is who have less than us here in America, those in the well knowlegable and technologically advance areas of China and Japan and both Koreas and whoever else has that. Then we'll be next, and the one's remaining, as I said, will be the rich and the governmental officials like the President. Though, I think I pitty the fools who get stuck with the political leaders the world has today. HOW would the survive though is my question. If you look at the "Day After Tomorrow" as someone else has already mentioned, there's not all that much they can use other than sending them down south. But what then. What do you do when it continues to move south. Although, perhaps an ice age would be what we needed for the countries to realize that we need one government or something. We all need to join together to find a way to survive and live. Who knows. Personally, I don't think it'll happen. Being Christian and all, I think the Lord will come before that happens. But this is another topic all in itself.

Well I heard the first ice age was caused by a change of 1? celsius in the water. And the world is becoming hotter every day, so if we change the ocean's temperature then we are in trouble... And there is nothing we can do. Know why? MONEY! This is the answer. Rich people rule the world. The petrol guys are really rich and won't let any new technology that use no petrol to come to public. Who knows what will happen until the petrol is over. But I'm happy to know that most countries are worried about this, except for one: the United States of America, the most dangerous one to the Earth. This is really bad. I just hope the US will come up with a president that cares more about the human life than making third-world countries poor and miserable in order to make more money for themselves.

Hopefully it isn't exactly like "The Day After Tomorrow"

No, fate has better taste in script writing than that.
And as for there being a second ice age coming on, I thought we were just ending one, and doesn't global warming work by melting the polar ice caps, thus raising the sea level, cooling the Earth, and causing another (real) ice age, or is the earth just falling back into it's normal balance, and we only think that we have something to do with it?

It is only happening in eroupe because that is where the coldest water is. And it has nothing to do with melting it has to do with the heat keeping warm water south and the cold water will freeze europe. I also found out that gas in south america is only 12 cents a gallon >.<