xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Problems With My Computer Fan

This has been speculated quite a bit recently. You can open up your computer's case and use a can of compressed air (search on amazon) to blow sideways on it to dislodge the dust (believe me, loads of dust gets clogged in the air vent, so it needs to work harder to continue)...

Try it; it really does work!

Else, take your computer's case off, and use a cloth to clean inside it... Do not use a vaccum cleaner!!!, this creates static and practically frys the computer's memory - so be careful!

The best thing should be replacing the fans with new ones . Or at least only the ones that are not working properly .About the screen signal , this is generally a video card problem , or a monitor problem . Any chances that you hit the video card during the cleanup ?

Asking again, sorry.Problems With My Computer FanHello. My PC has been running slow. I hear the fan going fast on the left side of the thing.It makes great difficulty when typing. The keys just stall, but after three minutes the letters that I typed out appear on the screen like magic.Do you know what the problem is? I just bought an expensive virus buster, and then installed it last night. It is still running slow.Thanks,James-question by James

Else, take your computer's case off, and use a cloth to clean inside it... Do not use a vaccum cleaner!!!, this creates static and practically frys the computer's memory - so be careful!

Hi!

I think you've got the concept of cleaning the computer all wrong - you do not use a cloth to clean it. That creates static! Instead, you can use a vacuum cleaner (take the brush off and simply use it blow or suck up all the dust).

Regards,

Nitin

Computer wont startProblems With My Computer Fan

If your pc wont start after cleaning it, then usually you have created a static electricity inside it. To remove this disconnect all cables etc, from the back of your pc, hold down the power button with all cables disconnected and that should discharge any static electricity built up. I know it sounds stupid but it works I promise. 

-reply by WEEZZ

Problems With My Computer FanProblems With My Computer Fan

I realize that this an old thread but..

Your CPU and/or case fans should normally spin up at full speed and slow down after POST. If they stay at full speed all the time:

The CPU is over heating - clean the thermal paste off the CPU and heat-sink. Re-seat the CPU and apply new thermal paste before putting the heat-sink/fan back on.

or 

The PSU is bad. Find someone that can test it for you and verify that.

or

The worst case scenario.  The motherboard and/or CPU is fried and need to be swapped out with new ones.

Another possibility is that the motherboard is grounding out on the case somewhere but this uncommon unless the computer was built by a novice.

One last possibility is that your graphics card is so shot that its causing your system to overheat. This would cause graphical issues during POST. (Weird colored blocks on the screen before windows boots up)

-reply by DullBoy