xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolduck123456

Coolduck

Many people have asked me, or have wondered, what is up with your name, in name I mean coolduck. Now this isn't coming from any one from Xisto, but from other places because I always use coolduck123456 as a name in everything and there actually is a story that goes with it.In high school, I was a well-known person, not neccessarily popular, but I had many friends. I played varsity basketabll since I began 10th grade. Usually when basketaball begins, the same people came to the conditioning and practices from the previous years, with the exception of the freshman. This year was mostly the same, but different in one aspect. As everyone had arrived to a mandatory condtioning day, one new person had arrived. His name was Lou. He had come from a different school and was a descent of Chinease. People had not been to kind of him because he walked like a duck. Most people knew him by the name Duck and not the name Lou. When he showed up everybody started to laugh, why would somebody like Lou show up? As we began to condition, we noticed Lou was always the last one to finish everything, most people teased him and put him down, but for me I felt bad for him. The next few days, Lou still came and still conditioned with the team, even with people making fun of him. I always noticed that Lou walked home after practices, so I decided to walk home with him. I introduced myself and we began to talk. I soon learned that Lou had a leg problem that caused him to wobble like a duck, which explained why he walked wierd. He told me that he loved basketball and enjoyed it when he lived in china. He also said that he left china when he was 6 because his parents had another child and people in china had to pay extra for more than one kid. Lou and I became friends and I began to call him coolduck instead of just Duck. He still went to conditioning and everything basketball related. When tryouts came by, Lou was a no show. I had thought he quit basketball and was dissapointed. When I returned home, I called Lou's house, but nobody answered. The next day when I arrived at school, I noticed Lou was not there. Then my 1st period teacher walked in and said Lou was in a terrible accident and was in the hospital for possible brain damage. When I went to see him at the hospital, I noticed that he was in horrible condition, and could not even speak. After a few weeks, he became better, but was paralyed from the waist down and had speak problems. I felt horrible and was devistated for what happened. Lou didn't come back to school, as his parents thought home schooling was his best option. I always visted Lou every weekend as he still knew me. His condition worsened though as time went on. By my senior year, I got the news the Lou has past away. I cried for a week and was devastated again! I knew I had to do something for Lou. I remebered that Lou said that 21 was his lucky number and wanted to wear it if he made the bball team. So I changed my number from 16 to 21. Lou was my inspiration to win that season, and that's what we did. That year we won the league championship with onlt 1 loss. We dedicated the championship it to Lou and couldn't hoped for a better season. Lou's parents were in the audience at the game,at afterwards I ran to them as we both cried. Ever since then, I still visited Lou's parents and his little sister as well, now a big sister!. Ever since them, the number 21 has been special to me. Coolduck was the nickname I gave Lou and 123456 adds up to 21. I think about Lou everyday and know someday I will see him again!

thats a real neat story, and a kool way to remember him. It really sucks that he got in a car accent then died 3 years later.thanx for the background on your name :lol:

moved to introductions. moving on...awe-inspiring narrative you have there, coolduck123456. if only your friend lou didn't pass on to the great beyond, i'm sure he'll be so much prouder of you sticking up with him, and taking a "slight" name against him as your own badge of honor, even in the digital world today. :lol: the "cool" monicker is not lost on you. :(

That's really nice to hear. I can't say my name has such a deep meaning :lol: . I'm glad that you did something for him and if he was alive to see you win the championship, I'm sure he would have been touched and it would have been the best moment of his life. I hope you do see him again and it's nice to know that he is your inspiration.

After reading this posting, I am going to submit a Name Change Request for you which I am certain the Admins will accept.

I propose we call you "Too Cool Duck 123456".

Many people have asked me, or have wondered, what is up with your name, in name I mean coolduck. Now this isn't coming from any one from Xisto, but from other places because I always use coolduck123456 as a name in everything and there actually is a story that goes with it.

In high school, I was a well-known person, not neccessarily popular, but I had many friends. I played varsity basketabll since I began 10th grade. Usually when basketaball begins, the same people came to the conditioning and practices from the previous years, with the exception of the freshman. This year was mostly the same, but different in one aspect. As everyone had arrived to a mandatory condtioning day, one new person had arrived. His name was Lou. He had come from a different school and was a descent of Chinease. People had not been to kind of him because he walked like a duck. Most people knew him by the name Duck and not the name Lou. When he showed up everybody started to laugh, why would somebody like Lou show up? As we began to condition, we noticed Lou was always the last one to finish everything, most people teased him and put him down, but for me I felt bad for him. The next few days, Lou still came and still conditioned with the team, even with people making fun of him. I always noticed that Lou walked home after practices, so I decided to walk home with him. I introduced myself and we began to talk. I soon learned that Lou had a leg problem that caused him to wobble like a duck, which explained why he walked wierd. He told me that he loved basketball and enjoyed it when he lived in china. He also said that he left china when he was 6 because his parents had another child and people in china had to pay extra for more than one kid. Lou and I became friends and I began to call him coolduck instead of just Duck. He still went to conditioning and everything basketball related. When tryouts came by, Lou was a no show. I had thought he quit basketball and was dissapointed. When I returned home, I called Lou's house, but nobody answered. The next day when I arrived at school, I noticed Lou was not there. Then my 1st period teacher walked in and said Lou was in a terrible accident and was in the hospital for possible brain damage. When I went to see him at the hospital, I noticed that he was in horrible condition, and could not even speak. After a few weeks, he became better, but was paralyed from the waist down and had speak problems. I felt horrible and was devistated for what happened. Lou didn't come back to school, as his parents thought home schooling was his best option. I always visted Lou every weekend as he still knew me. His condition worsened though as time went on. By my senior year, I got the news the Lou has past away. I cried for a week and was devastated again! I knew I had to do something for Lou. I remebered that Lou said that 21 was his lucky number and wanted to wear it if he made the bball team. So I changed my number from 16 to 21. Lou was my inspiration to win that season, and that's what we did. That year we won the league championship with onlt 1 loss. We dedicated the championship it to Lou and couldn't hoped for a better season. Lou's parents were in the audience at the game,at afterwards I ran to them as we both cried. Ever since then, I still visited Lou's parents and his little sister as well, now a big sister!. Ever since them, the number 21 has been special to me. Coolduck was the nickname I gave Lou and 123456 adds up to 21. I think about Lou everyday and know someday I will see him again!

kinda sad story here, is that you in the avatar? just asking...He's really not in luck...very unfortune....

After reading this posting, I am going to submit a Name Change Request for you which I am certain the Admins will accept.

I propose we call you "Too Cool Duck 123456".

lol, jlhaslip, you really do know how to joke...hehe

Just my way of saying how highly I regarded the way you got your name. That is "too cool".

It takes a special individual to respond the way you did. And that is the "too cool" part I was referring to. After reading the story, there is not even the smallest chance that I would refer to you as anything but coolduck123456.